Which Factory 22

CZ-455 is my choice in that price range. I have the varmint model. Just love the look of real wood and blues metal. With the right ammo it shoots dime size groups. I have to hide mine when my daughter goes shooting with me.

I have worked on 452's and a 455 to get better accuracy out of them. I have worked on triggers, Glass Bedded actions, and Done some barrel lapping to improve accuracy.

The new gun to look at for a reasonable 22 LR is the new CZ 457. I ordered one and picked it up Friday. It looks good, Has 700 Rem. style safety on right side of reciever, Not on bolt. has adjustable trigger for over travel, Sear engagement, and let off weight. The barrel is free floated and it has Aluminum Pillow Bedding. The story is they are lapping the bores too. Barrel attached with CZ 455's angled set screws for easy switching if desired.
I picked up my CZ 457, I had ordered about 3 weeks ago through a local store. Out of the box has the best trigger I seen in a while, 2.5 lb. By RCBS trigger scale. I mounted a Leopold VXII 6X18 X40 on the rifle. UPS dropped a package last night with a brick of Eley Subsonic HP and 1000 CCI Subsonic HP. Now to the range to put it through its paces. Report later.

I took the CZ 457 to the range Saturday as planned. I shot it a few rounds and found a problem. Laying on the sand bags a dollar bill would catch at the front sling swivel stud. Came home.
Took the barrel and action out of the stock, Found a splinter on the hole where the front sling swivel was attached. Picked up my carving chisel and mall and went to work. Chiseled and checked the barrel channel till I got true free float on the barrel. Stained and sealed the channel, Let it dry overnight. Reassembled the rifle. Back to the range Yesterday.
Started with bulk Federal shells to get the trigger pull figured out again. Then to CCI Subsonic, Done so so. Then Eley Sub Sonic 40 gr. HP shot better, I tried the new Eley Subsonic 38 gr HP at 50 yds. 5 shot 1/2" group. I could not do my best, At a public range with a guy 2 benches to my left giving me a hot brass shower from a M-1 rifle every now and then. Leaving for Squirrel camp tomorrow, Where I can concentrate at the bench.

Went to camp for a week, Had a good time and a great squirrel fry to end camp. The new rifle performed great and added squirrels to the annual fry and fixings for Squirrel casserole with gravy and sweet potatoes.
That new trigger CZ put in the 457 is a big improvement over the 452 and 455 triggers I have dealt with.

All my Savage 22-250s loved the v-max but I switched to some Federal factory loaded Sierra Game Kings, 55 grains a few weeks back. I was getting a few more flop,drop, get up and runs. They seem to put Them down a little better. They shoot great too. I am buying reloading equipment so I may go to the heavier v-max to see how they do. They are too accurate to give up!

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.