Which chambering?

philip h

I am a newbe here. Looks like a great place. I am having a rifle built on a mod 70 action with a Hart match grade barrel. I'm torn between chambering it for the .300 WSM and the Remington .300 short action ultra mag. Any suggestions. I hear the Rem. gets the nod on accuracy.

In response to question of 300 saum or 300 win short mag all you need to do is look at remington's 2005 catalog.Big green has added the 300 win short mag in several offerings and reduced the 300 saum to almost only custom shop guns , and you can get any chambering from custom shop so those models really don't count either. I own 2 300 saums and I reload everything or I wouldn't even consider one. as far as accuracy goes, todays smiths are so good on a custom gun that eithor one will shoot better than you or I or just about anyone else can shoot. just my opinion.
joe

Warning! This thread is more than 20 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.