Which 6mm Creedmoor Reamer

Crowe284

Planning on shooting the Berger 105 gr hybrid. Smith has a .183 freebore reamer and a .109 freebore reamer. Anybody have any suggestions or experience with the 6creed?

Nobody has chimed in so I will give you my 2 cents. I've burned up a couple of 6 creed barrels shooting prs. I shoot the 110 jlk. The .183 is entirely too long for a 105. My first barrel was a .140. The next was a .120. I finally went to the .081 and have been very happy. Unless you are shooting the 115s those long freebores are not needed. You won't have much bullet in the case scaring the lands with 105s.

Nobody has chimed in so I will give you my 2 cents. I've burned up a couple of 6 creed barrels shooting prs. I shoot the 110 jlk. The .183 is entirely too long for a 105. My first barrel was a .140. The next was a .120. I finally went to the .081 and have been very happy. Unless you are shooting the 115s those long freebores are not needed. You won't have much bullet in the case scaring the lands with 105s.

Thanks very much for the response. Given that the hybrids usually like some jump, do you think the .109 FB is still too much? If so, is there a 105 class bullet that would work better with the .109 FB off the top of your head? Sounds like you really like the 110 jlk, would that be a better option? Do you have any experience with the eld m? Thanks again for your knowledge and time.

Thanks very much for the response. Given that the hybrids usually like some jump, do you think the .109 FB is still too much? If so, is there a 105 class bullet that would work better with the .109 FB off the top of your head? Sounds like you really like the 110 jlk, would that be a better option? Do you have any experience with the eld m? Thanks again for your knowledge and time.
I haven't tried the elds in 6mm. The .109 would work fine with 110 jlks. I jump them .03" . Bc is a good bit higher than the 105 hybrids and you can run them nearly as fast. The jlk is a hybrid design as well. I run them in front of rl26. Ive had them over 3200 but run a node around 3100. What twist barrel do you have?

7.5 twist

What is the BC on the 110 jlk? Couldent find anything...are they pretty easy to tune being a hybrid design? Where do you buy them? What other powders besides RL26 can be used, H4350? I live in south Texas and shooting in 100F weather is common. Have had really good luck with stability with H4350.

7.5 twist

What is the BC on the 110 jlk? Couldent find anything...are they pretty easy to tune being a hybrid design? Where do you buy them? What other powders besides RL26 can be used, H4350? I live in south Texas and shooting in 100F weather is common. Have had really good luck with stability with H4350.
H4350 works well. I've even had luck with a few faster lots of h1000. They have been very easy to tune. With a 7.5 twist you should be fine. Jlk has a website and a Facebook page. 417 831 2309 is the shop #. Steve is good guy to deal with.
I'm running from memory but I believe i was running a .285 g7.

Im running a James Lederer 7 twist 4 groove finished at 27". They have been incredibly accurate.
I'm shooting lapua 6.5 creed brass necked down. I turn just a little bit off the necks. I have 9 loadings on my current lot and those little primer pockets are still tight. At the end of match season i make up new cases and neck the old batch down to 22 and kill coyotes.

Cool, found their website and they list a 110 VLD...I didn't see anything about a hybrid design...but, they only list one 110 gr 6mm bullet that I can see...is that the one?

Even better! Those are my main targets! I hunt lots of Varmint contests down here. Can't wait to try them. Building the 6creed for a little more punch on the dogs at distance. Sucks to loose one in the dark when money is on the line!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.