22 creedmoor reamer thoughts?

stazmania

I am going to purchase or have a 22 creed reamer made. I have my rifle parts ordered and still have about 5 or 6 month wait. I purchased alpha brass and am considering using their reamer, Their chamber neck clearance is ,0035 with their loaded brass Loaded Diameter .2545" Do,es any one have the loaded neck diameter for Peterson or factory head stamped Hornady Brass/ammo. Also any thoughts on .2250 freebore diameter? Any thoughts on freebore length? In the ready to ship reamers they offer a .169 free bore. My thoughts are with more bullet jump I may get better es and sd's. Rifle will start with a 28" 5r 1 in 8" twist. Bullet weights from 75 gr. to 88 gr. Any thoughts or real world inputs/advice is very much appreciated, even with similar cartridges 22-250 or 22 243 AI or standard could be helpful. Thanks

My 22-250AI runs 7" twist and has .180" throat. This is set-up primarily for 88g pills. Still works with 69g pills or 77g pills.

Nothing wrong with the .169" throat, depends what pill pill weight you run to determine what's 'best'.

Cheers.

I'd suspect that shooting 88gr bullets would need a faster twist to fully stabilize. I put a 7.5" twist on my Creed for the Berger 85.5gr bullets. Even the 7.5" might be less than optimal.
That is the tricky part for me choosing a reamer/freebore I want the long high bc bullet, I want speed, I don't want to over spin the projectile. I will most likely go with the alpha reamer.169 fb in my 1 in 8" and if the 88 gr doesn't work. I will try a different bullet. What barrel? Bore dia rifling, length and reamer spec? What kind of velocity with the 88.5? Thank you for your response

1:8 is fine - my 22-250 AI shoots the 88 ELDM very well. As for reamer, I can't really help too much. My 22 CM had a .090" throat (I'd have to double check). It seems to work well even with longer projectiles like the 95 SMK.

Recent Posts