22 Creedmoor help

whatnext

New to me 22 Creedmoor Origin/Proof built by a reputable shop. Round count was 186 when I got it. Last week I shot 16 rounds of Copper Creek 80 ELD-M and 30 rounds of my hand loaded 75 ELD-M. 1/4-1/2 MOA groups. Chambered and extracted fine. Bolt closed and opened easy on every round. The Copper Creek was 2.632" COAL and 2.083 CBTO. My loads were 2.630" COAL.

Today I tried to measure CBTO with a Hornady LNL tool and modified case with the 75 ELD-Ms. I got 2.530" COAL after several attempts. I loaded a Copper Creek round and it was difficult to close the bolt but I did close it. Tough to open and left the bullet behind in the bore.

I cleaned therifle and used my crappy borescope but didn't see anything obvious. I tried again and got the same results. COAL about .100" short and the copper creek loads jammed badly.

I cleaned the bore again, this time using Iosso on a patch, scrubbing the leade and chamber. After thoroughly cleaning the Iosso out, I'm still in the same situation. I still get 2.535" with the 75's and the CC 80's won't chamber without jamming.
Any ideas what happened?

I'll be picking up another rifle from my gunsmith end of the week and he can look at it but was hoping to resolve it myself (with some help 🤷🏻‍♂️).

What did you ever find out was the problem. Just out of curiosity. Was it the ejector.
I cleaned it again and tapped a bullet into the lands per the gunsmith. I must have overcome a carbon ring or something I wasn't seeing because I set my COAL at 2.600" and the rounds chambered and shot nice groups at 3466 FPS. Shot 12 today with no issues.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.