Where to post New Mexico private land tags for sale?

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Thank you for your advice,

Jon

I would like bull elk tag, land access,how many acres the property, how many tags, I could use one or 2 the other for my
eldest son. Sounds like a dream

I hunt out of state and am a DIY hunter. I like paying to play and if you have accommodations like a bunk house you can make it available but not mandatory. Let the outfitters play that game of a full service hunt.

I would be interested in the Barbary sheep depending on cost and time of year. I have 3 out of state hunts this year. So not likely this year. But PM me.

Also I think your getting quite a few posts here.

Wow, this has been far more response than I had anticipated! I am going to contact the recommended guides to see what they have to offer, and then will be in contact with the guys who have expressed interest here and through PMs.
Too much info to process on my phone tonight, so please don't think I am ignoring anyone. Thank y'all very much for all of the input, interest and advice.

-Jon

Wow, this has been far more response than I had anticipated! I am going to contact the recommended guides to see what they have to offer, and then will be in contact with the guys who have expressed interest here and through PMs.
Too much info to process on my phone tonight, so please don't think I am ignoring anyone. Thank y'all very much for all of the input, interest and advice.

-Jon
Keep us posted ....Thanks for your post and time...:):):)

I'll throw my name in the hat also. No luck on the draw, but still getting in shape for next year. (Fingers crossed)

Would entertain a land owner tag if the situation was right.

I would love to talk with you on getting a few tags for my dad and I to get a chance at elk. Please contact me im willing to pay to play

You should be careful with the accommodation/full service type of hunts unless you are looking at becoming an outfitter. I would look at advertising with the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation, the Mule Deer Foundation and the Safari Club. I believe you would get plenty of traffic to sell your tags without the cost of a middleman. Just my 2 cents worth. I personally would prefer the DIY type of hunts and would certainly entertain the possibility of hunting on your place. Without knowing your ranch and what your overall goals are, it's hard to give you specific advice. I'm sure there has been no shortage of what people providing input based on what they would want and that may not fit within your goals and objectives. If you want an honest perspective from someone who spends plenty of time pursuing game in the west, you can PM me with contact information and we could talk.

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had rec...

Jon

I think you might find success just by posting here, frankly. Is it against the rules for the "swap a hunt"? Look at the response thus far? And I'll bet it'd be pretty minimal work for you.

And I'd throw my hat into the ring: would love to bring my group of vets out to hunt Muleys with you.

I suspect that you don't want to get into the Outfitter game? And from what I hear here, you'd likely get good response from people who'd either tent-camp or find a local motel. This reduced overhead might be nice for you? Not to tell you how to run it, but were I your "customer", I would like to hear from you:

- layout of your land
- limits of shooting areas
- general laydown of your animals (I wouldn't want a guided service, but a general "they're over there" this time of year would certainly be appreciated)
- where you'd want us to camp
- "house rules" (things like fires, water, access, etc.)
- cost for the tags/logistics of getting them
- some way to assure myself that I wasn't going to get scammed

Thanks,
-b

This is something I'd be interested in in the future. I didn't draw any tags this year either, but already purchased a landowner tag from a guy I know that has a ranch in New Mexico.

Hello,

As the title says, I am looking advice for preferred places to post private land tags in Mew Mexico for sale or trade. We have a ranch in Unit 37, and with the new rules we can sell unlimited elk, pronghorn, deer, barbary tags - which I am not going to do! I intend to follow the prior quota numbers we had received, and hope other landowners don't get carried away.

So, what is your go-to website for finding private land tags for sale? The Outfitter section on here does not seem to get heavy traffic, and Craigslist is chock full of scammers (No, I don't want to trade a broken outboard motor for an elk tag).

Also, any pointers on what you value most when shopping for a tag? IE, are accommodations, transportation, etc important to you, or would you rather just pay a flat rate for a tag and handle the rest yourself?

Jon
Will you have any tags this year? I am interested in an cow elk. Thank you.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.