Where in Canada

slim09

I have been wanting to hunt in Canada for one of the famous large whitetails. I am ready to set something up for 2010, but need some help with finding a great outfitter. Where have you guys had successful hunts in Canada?

I am ready and willing to sit in a blind all day long, but i am not much for doing that. Do most of the outfitters in Canada hunt this way? Does anyone know of anybody that does not just sit you in a blind all day? Thanks for the help...gun)

I dunno if you have thought about it or not but if you talked to some of my fellow canadians on here you may be able to do a hunt with a member as your guide and not go through a outfitter. They would be a c guide I have friends from the states who come up every 3 years to do a c guided hunt with me and my father, they save like 10000 dollars this way.

Saskachewan does have some big whitetails but so does Alberta. I have talked to a few very experienced hunter/land owners that are convinced that the next world record will come out of central Alberta. I tend to agree on the basis of some of the deer we've seen come out of the 200 kilometer radius around Edmonton and especially east towards the Sask. border. Bonnyville, Edgerton, Wainwright, Lac La biche, Andrew and St. Paul are just some of the hotspots.

Next year I would be happy to take someone out 3rd or 4th week of November, I'm building a house on the farm now so I am too busy and cramped for space.

Ivo

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.