Where are you hunting turkeys this year.

Len Backus

Administrator
Staff member
I'll be hunting with my camera this spring in Waupaca County, Wi on some nice rolling hills with lots of big oaks.

My first turkey hunt of the season will be opening day in PA hunting at a camp near Snowshoe and in Moshannon and Rothrock State Forests. The area has been good to me - I started turkey hunting three years ago and am three for three taking gobblers in that area. Then My focus will be on trying to take my first gobbler at our new homestead in Western New York. Things are looking good - no birds killed there last year and have been seeing two nice flocks with multiple longbeards.

My son, daughter and I will be hunting in Sonoma County, California. Our area is crawling with birds. State regs allow three bearded birds per hunter in the spring and one bird in the fall. We usually only take one each though, we have more fun just calling and watching them. Over the years we have taken several 12 and 13" beards in our area.

WI boys, I am uploading a video as we speak. Last Saturday I went to the Wisconsin Deer and Turkey Classic show in Green Bay. I interviewed the National Turkey Federation staff guy for WI.

I should have it on this site in the next hour or so.

i'm getting my Edge tuned up for turkeys. gonna sit on one mountain and shoot em on the other mountain down in West by God Virginia. called one in last fall. couldn't get him in any closer than 560 yards. so i shot him there.

All over cental/south Alabama. I'll in Union Springs this weekend. I always see lot's of turkeys during deer season and lots of deer in turkey season!

I will go out to the Paw Paw bends. The turkeys there know me well and there are a few oak trees with #5s buried in them. That always amuses the turkeys when I shoot the trees.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.