When Bear Go Bad

if you google map the location that the polar bear posts are coming from, it looks as though some ones teacher is teaching the wrong ideas. 150 plus miles by air to the hudson bay, north. they cant even drive to the polar bear "nature preserve". there is very little human activity in that region, even in cochrane, right? what is the average cost to take a polar bear, and what about the incidental cash outlay? must be someone up there who wants u.s. dollars and a reduction of a large carnivore/omnivore,right?

I went to Alaska 2 yrs ago and received my Grizz. The guide told me that we were in close proximity of where Tim Treadwell was killed. I do not know if that means 100 miles or 1 mile. I can tell you that I thought I was impressed with the 338-378 Weatherby stoked with RL25 and a 265 Barnes on it to 3235 fps. Anchored so quick it did not even turn to "bite the bullet" .
Then my wife shot one 3 in bigger than mine, 7-08, 120 gr bullet. Dropped it its tracks! hers war 75 yds away, mine 120. That night with the guide while we were laughing about it he showed us his back up weapon. A 4 in barreled 357! He stated he has had to use it twice and anchored the bears each time. This goes to prove it is not about our favorite calibers and how they are the only ones that will work but more about shot placement and ability, I still want my Weatherby.

i purchased a .500 mag for my spring montana sightseeing trip this year. i didnt need to use it thank god but i was good piece of mind as backup to the bearmace my buddy had. i like the revolvers mainly because you dont have to worry about it jamming. i do have a cpl glocks, one in 10mm and one in a .460 rowland conversion that are more than capable of going through bearskull(from all the info ive gathered) but i dont want to have to worry about one failing to fire/feed while in a faceoff with a large charging animal....hell make that a small charging animal for that matter lol i hear pigs can be mean too.