Bad Weather & BAD Times

Coyote Shadow Tracker

LRH Sponsor
Well to start off. About ten years ago there was a storm front coming in our area. The storm was just on the edge of out area and just started to get dark and light rain. I was standing about 10" from the outside wall in our living room and looking towards the windows and goat field. All of a sudden the hair on my arms and head started to stand up like in a Science Fair Experiment. The next thing I knew was being knocked to the floor, couldn't hear, tasted like copper in my mouth, and blinded from the light. As you can imagine a BOLT of lightning hit right next to our house. We had a neighbor that was outside about 250 Yards away and saw it all.
He came over to our house to seif we were ok. I was in shock and started to look in out attic for fire. Luckly there was not structural damage to the house except most of our electrical products were blowen out. Now the electricity just didn't go through the wiring-it was in the AIR. I prayed and hope that this would never happen again.
Yesterday April 5th the SE with GEORGIA had storm warnings. I got home from Walmart about 10:00 AM. The sky started to get grey and light rain. I was standing in our bedroom and just looked out the window to see our animals and BAM BAM BAM Huge Lightning strikes in a second. The light was the brightest "White Blue". We have a giant Pine tree that is over 40" base and then about 20' up the tree splits into "Three" trees.. After the lighting strike and loud noise all I saw was bark, wood, pine needles, and branches flying everywhere.
Now I have (2) Surge protectors on our TV and entertainment center. The electricity in the air blew out the circuit board in the Comcast box, Fire TV, 70" Flat Screen, two digital alarm clocks. All the GFCI breaker were set off.
Well to end the story we picked up an RESCUE Puppy right before the storm. She is 6 weeks old and already very smart and picking up instruction. The Dam was a Great Pyrenees and unknow father, Right after the storm I wanted to give the new puppy a bath/shower. Well I out her in the Kitchen sink, wet her down, put shampoo on, and the ran out of water. We have our own well for water. Evidently the Lightning took to well out. I have a Breaker in our house for the 220v wire to the well and then another Breaker at the well and a special Pressure Switch to turn the deep well pump. When I went into the yard I found another Lightning strike that blew a big hole in the yard where the underground power wire for the well. I had to go into superman mode to dig up and replace the wire (it's still raining).
Luckily I have a two circuit breaker system and our 400' deep pump did not get burnt out.
As I am writing this post another big storm is hitting us AGAIN. Praying that no tornados grow.

On a couple occasions that I can recall I've experienced the hairs standing up all over me (like a "science experiment"). Thankfully, didn't get zapped in either instance. Knew perfectly well what it was ... that build-up of 'lectricity that's about to "connect" through me. It's scary, knowing there's that build-up and that there's little one can do about it. Lie flat, stay away from trees, etc.

Glad you're still standing. Watched an electrician, once, at a big panel at a business get blasted off the thing. Never did hear what the mistake or cause was, but he survived it. Don't imagine he walked correctly for a few weeks, though. Nasty stuff, getting zapped.

Another useful purpose for a big bucket of water ... for dousing the Great Pyrenees if the water pump goes out. Thanks for the tip. 😊

Wow! Mother nature is a beast sometimes. I've had two close calls as well. One in a greenhouse where I was working and the other on the lake. I got the same sensation in both situations. One knocked me back a few yards and caused temporary hearing loss and mind fog. You have had a tough day. Thank the Lord you were not seriously hurt.

Wow! Mother nature is a beast sometimes. I've had two close calls as well. One in a greenhouse where I was working and the other on the lake. I got the same sensation in both situations. One knocked me back a few yards and caused temporary hearing loss and mind fog. You have had a tough day. Thank the Lord you were not seriously hurt.
Thanks & God Bless
One time one of our goats didn't make it.

before lightning rods a lot of cows in our area were lost to lightning hitting the barns the drinking cups were all steal pipe throught out the barn
For sure.
I have had THREE real time experiences with sever Lightning.
God protected me every time.
It is a life changing experience when you see the power of Nature made by God!