Wheeler Engineering tigger pull guage

Tumbleweed

Hi guys, I need to turn down the Jewell trigger on my Rem 700. I can't find anyone local that has a trigger pull guage I can borrow, I may have to buy one. The digital ones are nice but don't want to spend a ton of money for something that might get used once or twice a year. I was looking at the Wheeler Engineering pull guage because of it's low price. Has anyone used this guage and is it at all accurate? Need to take my trigger to about 16oz.

I've got one and I find it's inconsistent. However, it is accurate if you take five or ten readings and average them out; I checked with an actual weight on two Jewels. And it sure helps when you remember to reset the dead man!

I get by with an RCBS spring gauge, that Lyman digital looks real nice. I use mine just to check when I am curious.

For the most part one can use their finger to get the pull where you want it. What I mean is, actually weight isn't that important once your finger is somewhat 'calibrated'.

I have an array of Wagner force gauges from measuring light triggers, heavy triggers and triple recoil spring assemblies.

They are way too expensive, but I have got them surplused from industry for pennies on the dollar on Ebay.

My gunsmith said not to get the digital so I purchased a RCBS which I verified with certified weights. It is within an ounce or two which I can live with knowing the difference. Good luck

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.