What's your favorite Hot Rod?

High school car, wish I had it back now! 1967 Plymouth GTX 440... The first year of the 440, they called it the Super Commando, those were the days! Car is long gone but still have the girl so that's a fair trade!!! These old Polaroids are from 1979, dang hard to say that now LOL

View attachment 434376View attachment 434377
OK all, so fast forward to 2023... My eldest son is the shop manager for a performance auto dealer in Meridian Id. About 6 months ago I'm sitting in the living room on a Friday nite watching Ancient Aliens when all of a sudden I thought I was getting a visit from some of those dudes on the TV!!!

Turned out it was a 2020 Shelby GT350 in TRIPLE BLACK!!! Man when I walked outside and my boy revved it to about 8k on that flat plane crank it was better than seeing Sofía Vergara naked!!!! WOW what a machine... Needless to say we took it for a test drive and this old man was 17 again RIPPIN gears and smokin tires, that is the BADDEST hot rod I've EVER driven... Ford killed it with these!!!

2020 Ford Shelby GT350
  • Engine. 5.2L V8.
  • Power. 526 HP / 429 LB-FT.
  • Transmission. 6-Speed Manual.
  • Top Speed. 180 MPH.
  • Drivetrain. RWD.
  • Engine Placement. Front.
  • Curb Weight. 3,791 LBS.
  • 11.9 Sec 1/4 mi.
This was the baddest hot rod I've ever driven, been in. My uncle had a 1972 LS6 454 corvette that was built! It was just a smoke machine and he could grab 2nd gear at around 65mph and roll smoke on those tires.

This Shelby was SOOO different with todays tech, it would cross yer eyeballs in a corner, no joke!!! I'd love to drive the new C8 ZO6!!!

LONG LIVE hot rods and GAS motors!!!

225 Slant 6, Baby!!
1701211641228.png
1701211641228.png

Just saw an 87 Formula 350 at the post office. I had an 85 TA in college, and my best buddy had the Formula. Today fully original except for a true dual exhaust. Yep, old boy let em chirp leaving the parking lot! Made me smile big on memory lane. I wadded mine up into scrap metal, and he sold his to rebuild his 55 Ford PU.

OK all, so fast forward to 2023... My eldest son is the shop manager for a performance auto dealer in Meridian Id. About 6 months ago I'm sitting in the living room on a Friday nite watching Ancient Aliens when all of a sudden I thought I was getting a visit from some of those dudes on the TV!!!

Turned out it was a 2020 Shelby GT350 in TRIPLE BLACK!!! Man when I walked outside and my boy revved it to about 8k on that flat plane crank it was better than seeing Sofía Vergara naked!!!! WOW what a machine... Needless to say we took it for a test drive and this old man was 17 again RIPPIN gears and smokin tires, that is the BADDEST hot rod I've EVER driven... Ford killed it with these!!!

2020 Ford Shelby GT350
  • Engine. 5.2L V8.
  • Power. 526 HP / 429 LB-FT.
  • Transmission. 6-Speed Manual.
  • Top Speed. 180 MPH.
  • Drivetrain. RWD.
  • Engine Placement. Front.
  • Curb Weight. 3,791 LBS.
  • 11.9 Sec 1/4 mi.
This was the baddest hot rod I've ever driven, been in. My uncle had a 1972 LS6 454 corvette that was built! It was just a smoke machine and he could grab 2nd gear at around 65mph and roll smoke on those tires.

This Shelby was SOOO different with todays tech, it would cross yer eyeballs in a corner, no joke!!! I'd love to drive the new C8 ZO6!!!

LONG LIVE hot rods and GAS motors!!!
We were 3 day car show and dragging Grand, I don't my 70 Camaro to the show but I do take to the dragging Grand. I had a 20 something kid coming running up to get beside me with his new Shelby trying to get me to race.
When got to the stoplight he started again,😁😁 so I staged up on the stall converter and when the light switched I let him jump to make sure he wasn't messing with me and I turned mine loose 😂when I shifted into 3rd I was 3 car lengths ahead so I let off, he followed me to big parking lot wanting to talk, all I would tell him is I had a old truck motor in it 😁