Whats the worse rifle or gun you ever bought?

Man I have a couple of them, unfortuately both Winchesters. I bought a .458 for an African trip. The Winchester distributor was a friend of mine so he let me go through and cherry pick from his inventory for a nice peice of wood. I zeroed the gun with the open sights and mounted the scope. Could not get a zero so I took it to the shop and started checking things over. Turns out the barrel (or receiver) threads were very crooked and the barrel diverged from center line on a noticeable angle. You could see it if you looked hard. I was working for another gun company at the time and knew the Winchester rep. He got it replaced for me but the one I got had the scope base holes drilled about 2 degrees off center. What a mess. Winchester was being purchased by FN at that time and it almost looked like the Winchester guys were ****ed because they were being bought and were sabotaging guns. I finally went out and found a good used, older vintage rifle. Winchester did replace the rifle but it took them almost 2 years to get me a new rifle. The replacement was marked "Made by BAC (Browning Arms Company) Morgan , Utah". It is a very nice rifle with many improvements over the old Winchester made rifle. I now have two .458's. I'm all set if the circus ever comes to town and something big gets loose.
Since I bought my Ruger Magnum Safari in 458 Lott, there has been a notable lack of elephants in the neighborhood. But you can't be too prepared....

I've only had one weapon that I purchased that disappointed me. It was a Ruger Super Black Hawk. It had decent accuracy; however, the second time I fired it, the ejection rod assembly fell off the barrel. Ruger did repair it, but I still had a "hard spot" for it, so I sold it. I did have a Ruger 3-screw Black Hawk that I mistakenly let go. It was a fine revolver and had a wonderful western holster rig in black leather. I still kick myself for letting that one go.
I was lucky enough to get an early 60's Super Blackhawk. Very well made gun, as though Ruger bent over backward to get this pistol perfect. That gun is accurate and still going strong. I marvel at it every time I take it out. I did have a problem with the cylinder pin backing out under recoil, once. A custom pin and a double strength latch spring solved that problem.

Back in the 70's I purchased a Weatherby .22 auto. The action would hang up on just about every shot. I never got any satisfaction from the company. Their reply was that they imported the .22 and they didn't manufacture it. I returned it to the store & swapped it for a Ruger
10-22. I shot the 10-22 for over 50 years and it functioned perfectly every shot.
On the other hand, I have Weatherby .22 semi-auto made by Anshutz in the 60's - very fine rifle.

I fell in love with a Browning BLR 81 in a 243, it felt great , but you couldn't get it to group under 3 in at a hundred yds. I tried all kinds of combinations, I had about as much tied up in reloading components as I did the rifle , I kept it for about 3 yrs and ended up traded it off
too bad...kind of a neat rifle, would be great if it worked...

Glocks. Bought four, in three different calibers, persisted just to see. I'm a slow learner. Went back to Sig, H&K, and several flavors of 1911.
I scorned Glocks for many years. Finally, on a whim, I bought a Glock 20, a 10mm. ON receving it, I read the manual and was surprised and impressed - it was clear, business-like, and carefully done. The pistol functions perfectly. 3 magazines. Glock supplies pistols for serious users. I guess every manufacturer has their duds, though.

Anything made by Norinco.
I got a JW 15 22 LR. I must admit it is a tack driver. I have killed at least a hundred squirrels in the last few years. Some farther than 100 yards. Clean head shots. I will say the trigger could really use some work. But once you get used to its slight creep, and what seems to be about a 10 lb pull. It's quite impressive for such a cheap rifle.

Remington Model 7 in 300 SAUM, Stainless with a laminated, multi-colored, thumbhole stock, new from the Gander Mtn, functioned fine but, even with reloads and couple weekends, that rig just could not make a decent group, that a Guy could live with. Traded it in.

🤔. 13??? And all were bad?? What did Henry do to correct that situation?
They refunded the dealer for all the rifles .I had another friend thats a dealer who had 12 taurus ragimg bull 454 pistols that all blew off the barrels had to all be returned .That would have sucked if they had been used in bear attack .

It's most likely the angle of the picture. That scope sure looks close to the barrel. I have been looking at the same type of stocks. LH stock for a RH action. I have a certain grade school teacher to thank for me being right handed. When I was born left handed. Because she couldn't figure out how to teach me to write cursive with my left hand. So she made me learn right handed. I have learned to perform a lot of task with either hand since then. But shooting just feels more natural left handed. I have switched to right handed with my bows though. Rifles seem to be the hardest. And shooting billiards.
Yeah, the scope actually touches the barrel but hasn't been a problem.

I had a serious crush on my lovely young blonde grade school teacher. I am a born lefty and the teacher did not condone the fact so every time I tried to write with my left hand, she whacked my hand with a wood ruler. It was really painful. One day my mom spotted my sore and swollen hand and asked me what happened. She exploded when I told her what was happening at school. My mom was a Sioux Indian and very protective. She marched to school and confronted the teacher.
She told the teacher my dad is lefthanded and I am lefthanded and I was going to write left
handed. She also told the teacher if I got whacked again, she was going to the school and use that ruler on the teacher. She actually would have done a lot more than use the ruler.

We lefties learn to use our right hands for a lot of use because it is a righthand world.

I am retired of many years of professional custom knife making and it requires both hands of equal usage.

Yeah, the scope actually touches the barrel but hasn't been a problem.

I had a serious crush on my lovely young blonde grade school teacher. I am a born lefty and the teacher did not condone the fact so every time I tried to write with my left hand, she whacked my hand with a wood ruler. It was really painful. One day my mom spotted my sore and swollen hand and asked me what happened. She exploded when I told her what was happening at school. My mom was a Sioux Indian and very protective. She marched to school and confronted the teacher.
She told the teacher my dad is lefthanded and I am lefthanded and I was going to write left
handed. She also told the teacher if I got whacked again, she was going to the school and use that ruler on the teacher. She actually would have done a lot more than use the ruler.

We lefties learn to use our right hands for a lot of use because it is a righthand world.

I am retired of many years of professional custom knife making and it requires both hands of equal usage.
Interesting post. I didn't know that people were forced to use their right hands even if left handed. When I was a child, my Father, a metals craftsman, urged me to learn to use my left hand as well as my right (natural righthander). So I can print left handed and shoot a handgun lefthanded; the latter even feels close to natural for me. So everything I learn to do righthanded even now at 73 I take a few licks lefthanded and get the feel, unless it involves big power tools. Don't have the strength though.

Learning to do the first thing left handed involved some hard mental effort, to get the left hand and fingers to do what I wanted. It took real focus, as I'm sure you're aware. There's a learning curve, much harder on the first task, got easier as I expanded my efforts. Printing left handed was the most difficult. I was never lucky enough to have a lovely young blonde grade school teacher, though!