WHATS THE BEST 8X42 BINOCUALRS ?????

What about Vortex? Does anyone have an experience of using Vortex? I saw some very nice models in a hunting store and the owner said that he would have bought Vortex if he hadn't had a pair of Swarovsky. :) But vortex is twice cheaper!!! I think it is a good option!

[ QUOTE ]
What about Vortex? Does anyone have an experience of using Vortex? I saw some very nice models in a hunting store and the owner said that he would have bought Vortex if he hadn't had a pair of Swarovsky. :) But vortex is twice cheaper!!! I think it is a good option!

[/ QUOTE ]

Same thing i was saying swarovski might be major competiton, but i dont believe them to be budgetable and the only option. I just recently purchased a vortex skyline spotting scope and i was very pleased. I've been wondering how there binos compare up.

[ QUOTE ]
I think alot of Swaros are overrated. Dont get me wrong they are a quality brand, but i think there are alot of brands that do even on quality and lower on price. Swaros optics are really pricey, which makes me look down on it in my eyes.

[/ QUOTE ]
after reading this rediculous statement and some other posts (budgetable 8x42 Chinky Mesa Bino's) you need to shake yourself back to reality and think a little more realisticly and look through bino's outside of a store's showroom without the jaded spec's.
UB

Uncle B: Your statement was exactly what I was thinking. Obviously these people haven't been outside w/ the binos or in twilight conditons. I usually only take about 2 miliseconds to tell the differance between a pair of swaro's and anything else.

After about 15 years I handed my Leupold 9X35's down to my daughter and started shopping. I looked through everything I could get my hands on and as UncleB said, it is extremely difficult to see the difference inside the stores. I was able to see very small differences in colors inside the store and ended up buying the Swaro 10X42 SLC's and I love them. One note that I don't see brought up very often is make sure they are ergonomically comfortable to look through. I liked a few others (like the new Leupys) but they just were not comfortable enough in my hands for my taste - I spend a lot of time glassing though, so it my not be as important to some. Best of luck.

[ QUOTE ]
after reading this rediculous statement and some other posts (budgetable 8x42 Chinky Mesa Bino's) you need to shake yourself back to reality and think a little more realisticly and look through bino's outside of a store's showroom without the jaded spec's.
UB

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm about to trust what you are saying. But I don't believe Swarovski is the only one option. If you were limited in budget (say, $500-600) what 8x42 binoculars would you suggest? Can you list 2-3 brands besided Swarovski?

[ QUOTE ]
UB

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey now bud i never said anything bad or down on swaro like i said there are a good brand, but there optics aren't the only dang optics out there built with quality. I just personally like my Mesa, because to me they are budgetable and work with all my adventures.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
UB

[/ QUOTE ]

OK, I'm about to trust what you are saying. But I don't believe Swarovski is the only one option. If you were limited in budget (say, $500-600) what 8x42 binoculars would you suggest? Can you list 2-3 brands besided Swarovski?

[/ QUOTE ]

Take a look at Meopta. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/wink.gif
http://www.meopta.com/

JD338

Meopta needs to update there website, it was hard to get around and no information what so ever on there product lines. What other competition is are besides Swaro and Leica?

For $500 - $600, take a look at the Pentax DCF SP or Bushnell Elite e2's.

If price is not a factor, Zeiss, Leica, or Swaro.

[ QUOTE ]
Meopta needs to update there website, it was hard to get around and no information what so ever on there product lines. What other competition is are besides Swaro and Leica?

[/ QUOTE ]

What about Minox - germany quality?

Warning! This thread is more than 17 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts