What's a good size alligator to get full body mount?

I agree I think the young one have a pretties hide. In FL the trappers sell the farms the gators now. They don't even have to grow them. Catch them in someone's swimming pool and go sell them to a farm. Thank you for your service and maybe a speeding ticket or five.

Not a trooper. A trapper. All I caught was alligators and yes we had a license to sell them to the farms after the market fell out. We sold most to the farms alive if possible

Thanks

Buck

Cleaning them sucks, my wife told me I couldn't bring anymore home to clean. Razor knife and ball inflator works best for me. When I had priced out doing a hide in Florida it was comparable to what you received, my taxidermist in Georgia was more than 1/2 the price to do the same work.
Taxidermist or out of Control anymore !!

You might need to build a new house if you get a real big one with a full body mount
Screenshot_20230530-061027_DuckDuckGo.jpg

You'll notice that a gator that size needs to be hauled in a ford truck-- a chevy just won't cut it! 😉

( let's see what kind of responses we get from that 🤪)

When I lived in Youngsville, we had a cook on one of our boats near Lafayette that would feed the gators pancakes every morning....it sucked when you had to get in the water to clean the hull cause you never knew how many pancake eat'n gators you'd run into.

One time we couldn't get the gator to "scram" so we could work on the props, we called fish and game to come trap it ( well we thought that's what they would do)--- the ranger showed up in a pick up, asked us to toss some pancakes in the water-- he pulled his 357 and popped that gator in the head--- then asked us to yank him out of the water and toss him in the back of his truck-- I'm guessing the ranger ate well that night

Not a trooper. A trapper. All I caught was alligators and yes we had a license to sell them to the farms after the market fell out. We sold most to the farms alive if possible

Thanks

Buck
Old eyes and not wearing my glasses evidently. Lol. It is amazing how often you hear of people getting bit and they still haven't learned that in any body of water in Florida there may be a gator.

13 foot is a big gator. I think Fla state record is 14-15 foot range. Bunch of us from work used to get tags. It's a lottery deal here or a bid system for each wma. Getting a 13' in the boat is a pita. Trapping gators not nearly dramatic as on tv lol.
I caught one 13' and he was in the road so not terrible. I have boated many over 10' and it is work and not done quickly all of our were alive. You don't put one in your boat that is still fresh, even the small ones. He needs to be very tired before that happens. I learned that the hard way. LOL. There can be a huge difference in a 12' and 13' gator weight wise

Thanks

Buck