AR Scope mount size

thumbs

I have a S&W sport. I want to mount a 44mm 1" scope on it. What height mounts do I need to get high enough so that the front sight won't interfere with the sight picture? Also if you can suggest a "reasonably" priced mount that would be great.

For reasonable priced mounts go with the p-223 from Nikon. That would be the right height. If that doesn't clear the front sight rings that will, will be so high that you won't get a check weld of any kind. Its like having a red dot on top which I do but offers no check weld.

You can always use a "hi-rider" type base on the rail and then high or x-high rings or go with a Burris or the mentioned Nikon. Totally depends on you and how high or tight you want to hold your head.

Keep the scope low, as in where ever your eye is at a natural cheek weld feel. Through most scopes that pesky front sight won't even be noticeable. Don't believe me, put a quarter on your scope lens and hold it there and look through the scope. Not an issue is it? Careful not to scratch your new scope!

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts