What year(s) did Federal package primers in red & white boxes

I have a case of Federal Small Rifle Magnum primers that that a friend who passed away had stored in his basement for many years. Do you recall what years Federal packaged primers in red & white cartons?
This is unrelated, but here goes. Can I use a good k4 Weaver on a air rifle,I have been told no...it must a air gun scope. The one that came on this gamo is 3/9 the best it can do is 3 to 4 inch at 25 yards. With very good pellets. Thanks guys.

This is unrelated, but here goes. Can I use a good k4 Weaver on a air rifle,I have been told no...it must a air gun scope. The one that came on this gamo is 3/9 the best it can do is 3 to 4 inch at 25 yards. With very good pellets. Thanks guys.
No it will not stand up to a springer air rifle. The unusual movement caused by the spring releasing blows the inards out pretty fast. Get a proper air rifle scope.

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.