What is your go to bow?

I bought this one several years back I believe it will be the last bow I own ,I'm going to hang onto it. This target was shot at 50 yards
E9415925-3186-4E3D-93C3-E3C88EAC5A5D.jpeg
it is a Hoyt carbon element

Last edited:
Mathew's V3X. I shot PSE growing up, then got a Bowtech when I graduated college (never really fell in love with it). The V3X is an incredible tool.

The company I work for is pretty amazing. For my 10 year work anniversary I got to pick something out. That was my choice. This is my 2nd 30 yard group of the summer after not having shot hardly at all since last summer (my first group wasn't much worse).
1661429141975.jpeg

I just bought a bow tech solution. Looking to try out a new bow. I have been shooting a Mathew's switch back for the last 15 years.
It's kinda like a creedmoor if it's not a Mathew's it's not a bow!!!! That's just a joke. I've had PSE all my life no problems. I did go to Mathew's because they are the Best and you not a bow hunter unless you shoot a Mathews. I shoot better I shoot Mathews!!!!! My honest opinion is yes my Z7 is outdated but I'd take it anywhere in the world bow hunting, but I'd take the PSE when I had it too. Try them out at pro shops and choose what you shoot the best!!!! My Z7 is a nice bow but I'm not going to say it's better than a $400 bow if they exist anymore. Kinda like (I'll get stoned for this) I don't see where defiance actions are the best either. Nice yes but individuality determines the Best not popularity or marketing strategies! Do your homework and choose what you shoot the best, your quarry deserves the best shot you can deliver not the fanciest or coolest shot!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

VXR 28, got in a trade with a good fella on here. Really loving it so far. But prior to it I shot a Hoyt Alphamax 32 and a Halon 32 .

It's kinda like a creedmoor if it's not a Mathew's it's not a bow!!!! That's just a joke. I've had PSE all my life no problems. I did go to Mathew's because they are the Best and you not a bow hunter unless you shoot a Mathews. I shoot better I shoot Mathews!!!!! My honest opinion is yes my Z7 is outdated but I'd take it anywhere in the world bow hunting, but I'd take the PSE when I had it too. Try them out at pro shops and choose what you shoot the best!!!! My Z7 is a nice bow but I'm not going to say it's better than a $400 bow if they exist anymore. Kinda like (I'll get stoned for this) I don't see where defiance actions are the best either. Nice yes but individuality determines the Best not popularity or marketing strategies! Do your homework and choose what you shoot the best, your quarry deserves the best shot you can deliver not the fanciest or coolest shot!! 🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸🇺🇸

The Mathews bros are what keep me from shooting one. Truth is all of the companies make a good bow these days. Find one that meets the specs you like and see how it shoots.

I am still shooting a Golden Eagle Splitfire II High Efficiency single cam from I think 2004-ish. 73 pounds, 277 with a 485 grain arrow. It has tens of thousands of shots on it, still stacks arrows too. But I am finally looking for a new bow. Longer axle to axle and longer brace height I want puts me in target bows now, or a very few hunting bows to choose from. The sticker shock was crazy when I went to the bow shop last week, the only thing I can move from my bow to the new bow is my lanyard. Bow 1200, sight 300, misc 300, arrows 300, if I had known I was looking at 2000-2500 for a whole new setup I might have stayed home......

My first bow was a Darton SL-50 with a draw weight of 70#. Second bow was a Hoyt Maxis-31 with a draw of 65#. I won the third bow at a RMEF banquet. Its a Mathews Triax with a draw of 65#.

I love the Hoyt and the Mathews as they are super accurate and quite with there setups. But I will say the Mathews is a bit easier to draw than the Hoyt.

So my go to bow is the Mathews. Shots from 35yards.
IMG_1083~photo.JPG

I love my old Elite Pulse, but I've been looking at new bows and keep going back to look at the Elites

I haven't bought a new bow in a decade. I have just been putting new strings on my APA Black Mamba 7. My second and third shots with this bow turned out to be a robin hood. It was an instant sale.