What is your go to bow?

Used to buy a new Mathews every year and sell my old ones to friends but I just can't give up my Vertix.

tempImageUe3xyx.png

Used to buy a new Mathews every year and sell my old ones to friends but I just can't give up my Vertix.

View attachment 352163

I need to be your friend (back then)!

I have a Ben Pearson Cherokee II 60# ... and sometimes I think 60 lbs is also how much that old dog weighs! No idea how old it is, as I bought it used a long time ago.

In CO, about 10 years ago it seems like it got harder and harder to draw the black powder tags I wanted, so I ended up just applying for regular rifle. Now it seems like it's getting harder to draw the rifle seasons I want, so I may end up going back to flinging arrows again ... and probably time to upgrade to something at least from this century. :)

Im dropping 80 yard bombs and plan to push to 100 just for practice for a upcoming tac event with my switchback xt,i will upgrade in 5 years before i semi retire.I plan to change my site next year,my mbg works fine but may try a spot hog.

Last edited:
Archery is my sickness....I've bought well over 75 bows since 2005. My current go to is the Hoyt Invicta 37. We strive to obtain the best shooting firearms, I do the same with bows. The Invicta is arguably the best shooting platform in archery at the moment.

Archery is my sickness....I've bought well over 75 bows since 2005. My current go to is the Hoyt Invicta 37. We strive to obtain the best shooting firearms, I do the same with bows. The Invicta is arguably the best shooting platform in archery at the moment.
At around 2-2500.00 for a bare compound bow, it sure better be by a longshot. I'm done with 50 & 65% compound bows. Call me spoiled or just getting too old to draw back a 70lb bow with 50 or 65% let off. I love my 80%. I'm not a speed demon like I once was either but I would have thought that Hoyt would have been much faster for the let off numbers it's offered in. That said, archery season lasts 4-5 times longer than rifle season does in most states. Easy to justify the expense when it's in your hand many more times than the rifle is. I say but what makes you happy like rifles when you get to use it as much or more in the woods.

Last edited:
I've had quite a few over the years but I shoot hoyts the best. They fit me.

Rx-5 28"@ 52lbs with Easton axis 5mm with the weighted inserts gets me to 450gr I think.

It's around 250fps which is plenty. Magnus broadhead will pass through about anything I'll ever hunt

Super quiet and a pleasure to shoot.