what is your favorite LR broadhead?

Discussion in 'Bowhunting' started by nathank, Apr 28, 2009.

Help Support Long Range Hunting by donating:

1. Crunchy

Crunchy Active Member

I am a devoted Slicktrick guy. tried several other brands but once I found these no turning back.

2. Scot E

Scot E Well-Known Member

I posted to this thread in 2011. Still a big Slick Trick fan! They flat out perform with little more needed than screwing them on to your arrow!

This years bull was a 40 yard shot. I got complete pass through penetration and that was through a front side rib, and the blood trail was massive and only lasted about 50 yards. That obviously isn't all due to the head but it did it's job.

I have shot standards for years but actually may try the wicked trick this off season to see how I like it. I will probably try the stainless version.

Scot E.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2018
  3. ktgoodman

ktgoodman Well-Known Member

i really like Slick Trick in 100 Gr. They are just as accurate as my field points when my bow is tuned correctly. I shoot them out to 80 yards and they are right in there. Super sharp, 4 blades and deadly on elk / deer. Good luck.

4. Buttermilk

Buttermilk Well-Known Member

QAD Exodus. Longest whitetail shot is 63 yards. Fly good kill even better.

5. William Duke

William Duke Member

I like the G5 deadmeats for long range, less surface area for wind drift, I shot a mule deer at 60, blew through both shoulders, entrance and exit hole was the size of a golf ball

6. DartonJager

DartonJager Well-Known Member

You will be hard pressed to find a better performing, more bomb-proof tough, scary hair popping sharp right out of the package, better flying fixed 3 blade BH than Wasp Boss SST's. They come in 100 and 125 grain 3 and four blade versions.
    I have been using them for over ten years now and over 10 deer. Not a single one went beyond 60-65 yards, most under 50 and with in sight. All but one were double lung pass through shots.

Here are pictures of the lungs of last years 10 point I shot at 21-22 yards he went LRF measured 53 yards after shot and died in mid stride. Arrow penetrated about 10" into the semi-frozen ground after passing through his lungs and snapping two ribs in half.
    Have shot them to 55 yards with great flight performance.
    I feel as strongly as possible Wasp Boss SST FB/BH's are the most underrated FB/BH out there.

Attached Files:

Last edited: Sep 2, 2019
  7. Chris-Lawson

Chris-Lawson Member

I have had great luck with the Iron Will Broadhead. I have the 125gr. non vented. Since switching from the old school standard muzzy I have taken two Roosevelt elk here at the Oregon Coast. The first bull was a 30yd frontal and the arrow buried to the fletching. The elk went less than 100yds and piled up. The next was this year, hit the bull a little far forward, it dropped in its tracks and couldn't get up. I have never seen a Roosevelt drop in its tracks from an arrow but the Iron Will Broadhead did it.

The only problem I had with the broadheads is that they flew extremely different than my field points. I am talking 6" higher and 4-5" to the right......

8. Esteban Meza

Esteban Meza New Member

Rage hypodermic NC will do the trick

9. jack the ripper

jack the ripper Previously Jack the Rippwr

For a fixed blade magnus black hornets or ramcats. Both fly extremely well

10. 300fortheWIN

300fortheWIN Active Member

Love the Iron Will.

11. Boonechaser

Boonechaser Active Member

I’ve used Muzzy’s since they came out in 1984. From compound to crossbow, from 5yds to 80yds, from hogs to whitetail. I have never had one let me down! Never understood the craze of trying new heads every year or two, can’t fix perfection!

12. TYoung

TYoung Active Member

I've had good luck with NAP spitfire 100gr. been using them for the last 7 years on deer and javelina.