What is this gun worth??? Remington 700 custom in .257 wby

Jeff3C

I am considering buying this gun and would like to know what a fair price to pay would be?

It is a custom Remington 700 with extended bolt handle/knob, HS Precision stock, Shilen #4 fluted barrel (stainless match grade) in .257 wby mag, jewell trigger. They are asking around $900 for it. The barrel has 15 shots on it and he will guarantee it to shoot sub .5 moa @ 100 yards. It was built by a quality gunsmith locally and is in excellent condition. The action has been used on another gun, everything else is new.

What would be a good price for this gun? I am going to reload so Im not concerned with .257 wby ammo prices. This will be used for whitetails, hogs, and a few coyotes here and there. Any reason why I shouldn't buy a .257?

Great caliber... Yes the gun is worth 900.00 especially if the shots down the tube is true. Buy it!!

I have a very similar rifle I had built many years ago. Of my 15 rifles it is my favorite to shoot and is my go to gun for deer and smaller game at moderate ranges (400yds or less). I know it will shoot farther than this, but I shoot factory 100gn BTs and the scope currently on it doesn't have turrets. My rifle will put three rounds under a dime at 100yrds every time if I drive it right.

I don't know what that rifle is worth to you, but mine is not for sale at any price.

Southpaw

Warning! This thread is more than 16 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts