What is everyone's recommended Muzzleloader rifle?

TC Encore with Whitehot pellets and a 250gr Shockwave. Also have a ASG Smokeless barrel for it that needs sighting in.

TC Encore stainless pro hunter 2-7 32mm scope. Three triple 50 pellets under a 290 grain Barnes TMZ. Nothing has walked away but longest shot was 215 on a whitetail. Shoots about 1.5 MOA. First and only muzzleloader so far. Had it for 10 years now. These new long range ones are tempting however.

Killed a few truck loads of deer with 250gr xtps and T7 in the encore. Switched to BH 209and SSTs last year for an antelope. BH was a great improvement in accuracy at range.

I shoot a savage ml10ii. Missed a deer at 200 yards last year so i need to get more familiar with the ballistics. 67grs n110 behind a 250gr xtp

can someone give me a breakdown of the custom ones? whats the bolt handle for? from a first pass, it appears to be a regular bolt action.

can someone give me a breakdown of the custom ones? whats the bolt handle for? from a first pass, it appears to be a regular bolt action.

You can build a custom on about any action. You take the injector plunger out and use modules that take rifle primers add a breach plug and a barrel and your on your way to a custom ML.
https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product-category/breech-plugs/
https://www.arrowheadrifles.com/product-category/muzzleloader-packages-conversions/

I currently have a CVA Accura and it shoots pretty well. Just curious what everyone else is running.
The states I have MZ hunted was black powder only so been running a Remington Ultimate muzzleloader. 4 pellets of Triple 7 works great out to 300 yards.
The Remington is all I need. If I were to do a new one I probably would get one of the smokeless ones and just run blackpower in it. I dont MZ hunt that much so sticking with what I have.
Take care

So it's fun to see a big buck and not be able to shoot it over 150yds.?
The whole point of muzzleloader seasons was to differentiate from regular firearm season. This blends the two to closely in my opinion. I never said anything about 150 yards. My muzzle loader will easily take a deer out to 200 yards and probably 300 if I spent the time to confirm the drops. That being said I stand by my statement, these super accurate far shooting muzzleloaders are definitely awesome and I almost feel like I want one but then again it takes the point of the special muzzleloader seasons and makes them no longer special.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.