What do you think of the Nikon Gold 1200?

joseph

I can not afford a Leica 1200, but the Nikon Gold 1200 can be gotten for $349 and the Leica 1200 is $600. I have only been able to get the Nikon to range like the Leica. all the others seem to be very inconsistent.

I doubt I will be shooting out to 1000 yds when hunting. Probably 600 yds max.

Anyone have experience with the Nikon that could let me in on something so I am not disappointed if I get one.

joseph

wasgas

You will like the Nikon for the $$$. I had the Leupold 1500 and it was junk, I returned it for the Nikon 1200 and it always works out to 800yrds with no issues. To get past 1,000 yards I have to be very still and be ranging a good surface. I have ranged moving antelope out to 750 yards, after that they wento ver a hill.

I have only used mine for about 2 months but like it so far. I also have the Nikon 440 and it always works well past the 440 mark, it is great.

jcathunter

If you're not wanting to get over a grand, mine works fine. Any time I want to range out past that, I have to really work at it and its iffy at best. For 800 and under, its great. Unfortunately, I need more than that so I'm going to upgrade to either the swarovski or the geovids.

joseph

What color display does the Gold 1200 have? I borrowed a 800 today and the guy said he did not like the display because it was only black and in dark areas it is hard to read.

joseph

jcathunter

Mine is black as well. I never really had a problem seeing the display, though. I can't say that I've tried to range in dark conditions but I do use it on nasty rainy days here in Or and never had a problem.

Primary

LRH Assistant
Here are some related products that LRH members are talking about. Clicking on a product will take you to LRH’s partner, Primary, where you can find links to LRH discussions about these products.

Recent Posts