What deer/elk bullet for new 280 rem

valleysnyper

Guys, just bought a weatherby mark v 280 rem, will use for Wisconsin deer and take as back up gun on my elk hunt. Any suggestions on a bullet weight and type to cover both ??

I'm planning on reloading eventually, don't know if I'll have time this year so I guess I need advice for factory stuff now. Are the ballistic tips made now better than 10 years ago ? I shot a deer with them out of a 264 win mag...less than spectacular. Looked like some one took a shovel and scooped out a hole on entry side

I'm planning on reloading eventually, don't know if I'll have time this year so I guess I need advice for factory stuff now. Are the ballistic tips made now better than 10 years ago ? I shot a deer with them out of a 264 win mag...less than spectacular. Looked like some one took a shovel and scooped out a hole on entry side

Check out HSM loaded with 140 Berger VLD.

Yes the ballistic tips are stouter now. I shot 4 elk with them out of a 7mm mashburn from 50 yards to 470 yards and the only elk that held one in was the bull at 470 and it blew threw both shoulders and was against the hide on the far side

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.