What could cause group outliers?

Then you are not using a type S Redding bushing die. Because you can change the bushing out for a smaller bushing. I have several bushing for my Redding bushing dies. One of my cases has to be sized or step down 4 times to achieve the ID in the neck area I am after. From 7mm to 6mm.
Or you can get a bushing die from Redding and or bushing. Brownell, Midway and other supplies have them and bushing too.
Now what I haven't tried is bushing down to below a .002" ID and using a mandrel to expand the neck back to the .002" for neck tension. I am looking at that and will try it to see if any better grouping come from that. There has been a lot of debate on final size of the neck. Presently I stand on the side of being able to achieve my neck tension by using bushing. I do cut all my neck for thickness to start with. So the the out side of the case are even. That's using new case that never been fired. Once fired cases, that a different story. I believe I would size, and use a mandrel before cutting the necks for thickness. That way I know the uneven neck thickness are to the outside before cutting the necks to thickness.
I am still waiting on is my bullet seater die. For my 6mm/280AI chamber. The die is a blank and has to be reamed for the cartridge. The second rifle being built, I will have the blank seating die before hand. Live and learn.
The other is you have to watch for spring back too. It looks to me that you will have to watch the necks for several days to see what happening with the neck for changes.
For the umteenth time, I have six bushings for each of my half dozen Redding sizing dies, and I am very very happy with the output from them. The dumped cases, which have caused your panties to wad-up, were a ONE-TIME occurrence; the two dozen involved cases were ALL WINCHESTER cases - which if you ever weighed your cases, you would know that they are among the LIGHTEST and therefore have the thinnest brass. And my entire inventory of hundreds of 308 cases have been reloaded numerous times, so to cull out about two dozen caused you far more grief than me.

For the umteenth time, I have six bushings for each of my half dozen Redding sizing dies, and I am very very happy with the output from them. The dumped cases, which have caused your panties to wad-up, were a ONE-TIME occurrence; the two dozen involved cases were ALL WINCHESTER cases - which if you ever weighed your cases, you would know that they are among the LIGHTEST and therefore have the thinnest brass. And my entire inventory of hundreds of 308 cases have been reloaded numerous times, so to cull out about two dozen caused you far more grief than me.
If you stated the fact to start with that would be one thing, but you had said you couldn't size them any longer. Also stating you were using Redding bushing dies. If you are using case weight yes winchester cases are generally lighter than others. It the volume inside the case that really makes the different for reloading. I have cut a many winchester case necks in my time to reduce the thickness of the necks and even the thickness out. Found that some neck were very uneven at times too. I've been reloading for 61yrs now. Whether you throw you cases away that's your problem. I read it a different way, and felt that you were experiencing problem in not being about to size down for what is need.
No you let the wind blow up your dress into your face, get upset and seem to want a pee*ng contest.

Recent Posts