What color to cerakote

Jordanv1

Switching up the optics setup on my 28 Nosler (front gun) and figured it's time to cerakote it. The stock is a black McMillan game scout. The gun pictured behind is cerakoted titanium and I have a 300 win being built with a proof research that's looking like it's going to be a dark grey. So I'm looking for something different. Let me know what you guys think!

Attachments

• 3703D5FC-9CB1-4571-B1C2-BE038AFB8EF5.jpeg
    3703D5FC-9CB1-4571-B1C2-BE038AFB8EF5.jpeg
    408.3 KB · Views: 608
I am very interested in what kind of input you get because I'm getting a rifle rebarreled and I want to have it cerakoted and am also in the throws of making a decision on what color. It will have a black McMillan AWR stock and the 24" barrel and the bolt are to be spiral fluted. Sorry... Didn't take pics of it before giving it to the rifle builder.

Replying to my own post is a bit silly but I just had more thoughts on this. I'm no fan of the swirly blues and greens that a lot of people favor. My tastes run toward the FDE (Flat Dark Earth) type of colors and ever since I saw my first AR15 furniture in FDE I just loved the look of it.

At the risk of being accused of liking the tacticool look I'll say labels be danged and full steam ahead. I think I'll leave my stock black and have the metal work cerakoted in FDE and if it's not too much trouble I'll ask for the fluted areas (inside the flutes) of the barrel to be black.

The bolt is a different story. In trying to avoid gaudiness I guess I'll have to think on this a bit more... The bolt is actually stainless so maybe I'll just leave it at that. Dang it I need a picture. I'm not artist and don't visualize worth a flip. <sigh>

If it's pretty will it shoot better? LOL

Now that I've completely hijacked this thread I'll apologize to Jordan and shut my trap and take the heat for my lack of consideration... <sigh>

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.