what brass for a .300 win mag

bguin

I am just getting into reloading and was wondering what brass I should use. I have found some nosler and Winchester brass just trying to decide of the cost of the nosler is worth it. Thanks

Buy and cry, then enjoy your nice Nosler brass. :D

I've shot LOTS of inferior brass, but I am trying steadily trying to replace my other brands of brass with all Nosler, Norma, and Lapua brass.

As far as common brand brass, Winchester is pretty good stuff. I use it for my .25-06 AI. I have a bunch of it for my 7mm RemMags as well.

Right now if you can find brass buy it. You can trade it off later if you find a brand you like better.

I find there is some difference in calibers by different makers. The WW 300 WinMag stuff we use is pretty good even for WW brass. Nosler is top shelf but have only found a single box of it at Cabela's (today) in many moons.

KB

Lapua is best, but they haven't made any for about 4 years. If you find some Lapua up for sale, you might wanna jump on it. RWS is pretty good also. Tough as Lapua, but a little less case capacity. Periodically some RWS brass will show up for sale.

I'm not sure if Norma .300 Win Mag Brass is tough or not. I'm sure it would be dimensionally uniform. Just don't know how tough the case head would be and how high of pressures it'll take before the primer pockets loosen.

I started a Thread years ago attempting to learn more about Norma .300 Win Mag brass, but never got much feedback.

Remington is some pretty dang tough brass for the 300 WM too. It's easy to find once fired stuff for good prices on Gunbroker if you can't find it in the stores.

Warning! This thread is more than 10 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.