Votes: 120 20.3%
  • Diamond

Votes: 28 4.7%
  • Ross

Votes: 9 1.5%
  • Mathews

Votes: 186 31.5%

• Total voters
Guys, I shoot Mathews. Not because I think they make the best bows, all the good bows these days are real good. I shoot Mathews because I'm a Matt McPherson fan. If you don't know why, just Google the guy, you'll see. He and his company do more for the sport and to grow the sport than anyone else in the business. I don't know the guy personally, but everything I've seen and read in the media, is what I hope I would be like if I was in his position.

1st Bow: Martin Cheetah '09
2nd Bow: Hoyt Vectrix '07
3rd Bow: Elite GT500 '10
4th Bow: Champion Eagle '04
5th Bow: Hoyt Alpha Max 35 '09

Thats it, all the bows I've got.

I have shot Hoyt Mathews and High country bows all very effectively. I currently shoot a PSE Omen Pro and love it. Waiting to c what PSE has in store this October.

I started several years ago with a Parker Buck hunter but now shoot a Mathews Drenalin that I picked up on sale at a local sporting goods. I absolutely love the way it shoots. It's a Cadillac compared to what I used to shoot. Extremely light, and supper quiet.

Im fairly new to bowhunting but i started with a PSE and now i have a G5 Quest Heat. out of the ~15 groups i shot 2 weeks ago the biggest was just a little under 3" at 40 yards and the smallest was two arrows shot together and one touching. I am now an arrow short

the first bow i have ever shot was a martin. i borrowed it to hunt 3yrs ago practiced for 1 day to resight it in. the second day i went out and set up my pop up blind right on a game trail by accedent and a doe walked up right to my window that i didnt unzip and snorted and stomped right at me. The very next day i went to a tripod and took a spike out with the bow @ 40yards by then i was hooked!!
Now i shoot a Bowtech Destroyer 350.

get serious get HOYT, ive ben shooting a bow pretty mutch since i could walk and have shot quite a few diferent brands over the years and its gona be a hoyt in my hand till the day i drop :D

I have been shooting a Mathews Drenaline but about to upgrade!!! Plan on shooting everything I can before I buy.

There were a few questions about my bow type. So I thot I'd clear a few things up. I shoot a 25" PSE X APEAL riser with 60# BF EXTREME long limbs. This set up is no compound, it's an ILF style recurve. And I, like lots of you guys "LOVE IT" I am a bit of a performance freek with traditional equipment. I may not be getting 280 & up in fps like you guys are, but high 220's with 500 grain arrow is pretty good for a recurve. Sorry for the confusion.

'SHOOT STRAIGHT, RESPECT THE GAME, & ALWAYS THANK THE LORD":)

2 Brownings compound
2 Oniedas compound
1 Hoyt compound
Several recurves
one long bow

Each of these bows has it's own challenge. Some with all the whistles
and bells and some without. some are shot with releases and some
are shot with finger tab.

Which one depends upon the venue.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.