What base and Rings?

StrutNut

I have a Savage Bear Hunter and I will be putting on a Nightforce NSX 3x15 50mm. I could save some bucks and go with a EGW HD and Burris Signature Zee rings or go all NightForce or all Seekins or any combo. I do not have a lapping tool so I was narrowing things down to these options. I am not as concerned about the weight of the base/rings more the ruggedness. Also, I was thinking medium height. Any thoughts?

I have a Savage Bear Hunter and I will be putting on a Nightforce NSX 3x15 50mm. I could save some bucks and go with a EGW HD and Burris Signature Zee rings or go all NightForce or all Seekins or any combo. I do not have a lapping tool so I was narrowing things down to these options. I am not as concerned about the weight of the base/rings more the ruggedness. Also, I was thinking medium height. Any thoughts?

The Burris Signature Zee rings with inserts esp the XTR (Burris 30mm XTR Sig Rings FREE S&H 420221, 420222, 420210, 420223, 420211. Burris Riflescope Rings.) and EGW 20 MOA HD bedded is an awesome combination and should serve you well.

I have exactly that set-up on my .300 WSM except with SWFA 5-20x50 HD scope.

Thanks, just ordered out a EGW HD 20 moa with the Burris signature zee XTR. Scope, gun, rings and bases should all get here about the same time!

Warning! This thread is more than 9 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.