What are the moa angle to the lines in a Zeiss rapid Z 800 reticle?

I have an older version of this scope and actually like it a lot. I use it on a 25-06.
Trick is not to get caught up in how many MOA the lines are, because they are not calibrated like that. They are calibrated to reflect the basic ballistic profile of a magnum type rifle with a mid weight bullet. The whole reason for the reticle is TO NOT need to reference MOA tables or ballistic apps! Just use the numbers aside the reticle hash marks and use the mark that references the distance.
Now, you can also use the zoom of the scope to calibrate the reticle to the ballistic profile of your particular load. There used to be a Zeiss app for this and may still be. But you can also visit their website for a ballistic program that will allow you to do this.
When you actually shoot the solution though, don't be surprised if it doesn't exactly line up.
You can refine the zoom that fits the bullets ballistic profile by shooting at 300 yards with the solution of the program. Then, if the bullet hits low, turn the zoom down 1/8 turn until the bullet is on target. If the bullet is hitting high, turn the zoom up until the bullet is on target. I have shot with mine out to 600 yards with good accuracy once I tuned the zoom to my load.

Last edited:
I have one on a 7rem mag. Works well enough. I need to get somewhere to stretch it out a bit and see how it works.

I have a 2-10 on my 22250 that works well to 400 yards

The answer is.... the reticle works in the 3x18 scope when set to 12X.

You can also use the ballistic calculator that Zeiss has available to see what it will do with your load. It used to just be part of the website, but it looks like they tied it into their app which means you have to have a login and password.

You can also use the ballistic calculator that Zeiss has available to see what it will do with your load. It used to just be part of the website, but it looks like they tied it into their app which means you have to have a login and password.

As stated above. It isn't MOA or mildot lines.
When you add your data for your cartridge, it will figure out which magnification to use to allow the lines to be at the proper distance.
An example is my 300wsm handloads require me to set the magnification at 9.5 (3.5-10 rapid z 600) and the lines are correct at that distance.

Maybe he wants to know the subtension so he can match data he already has to the hold overs without shooting it again?

I have measured the lines in MOA at 18X magnification and added red lines and text to the pic

Attachments

• pf_zeiss_rapidz800 w red.jpg
    pf_zeiss_rapidz800 w red.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 496
I have the 5-20 and like it but it's going away to help fund the new swaro 5-25 rangefinder --- almost foolproof !

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.