what are some things to take into consideration when shooting LR 400-1000+m

schwabdog

what are some things to take into consideration when shooting LR 400-1000+m

I know bullet drop/wind is the biggest factor. but really what dose temp, angle, pressure, barrel temp, and all the small thing have wen your shooting LR?

how many of you take this in to consideration?
and what effect dose it have on POI

cheers

modify_inline.gif

Use a ballistics program and make changes as you noted above with three ranges 200, 600 and 1000 m. See for yourself. I think most will be amazed of the difference as you increase your range and just as important time of flight of the projectile.

The simple answer to your question is YES. They all affect the flight path and POI. However some of those variables will have a vastly different results on your poi then others. For example when shooting at those ranges I never bother changing the humidity. I plug in 50% and leave it. A full swing between 100% and 0% is next to nothing at those distances. Something like air temp and ammunition temp will have a far greater impact. The warmer it is, the faster your muzzle velocity you will get. There are many good books on the subject of ballistics. I recommend looking into those as they will have a detailed explanation into each of your variables you have listed above.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.