What’s your spookiest hunting experience?

I've often wondered……can you be charged/fined, ect. for shooting/killing something, that "science" says doesn't exist? Asking for a friend! memtb
Well....I showed that game camera photo to a Warden and he said they didn't exist so if I saw one to feel free to shoot it.I quoted the law to him about no open season on mountain lion that they are protected in Alabama and the fine was $5000 and possible jail time. Anyway to me that would be like killing the last of a species, I couldn't do it.

Just curious .
How does North Dakota compare to the vaunted South Dakota for pheasants ?
We have less birds for sure. Our winters are usually a little longer with more snow so we lose birds during the winters.

Im usually hunting small pockets of birds numbering in the dozens. I've hunted places in SD where you push out hundreds of birds.

In 83 my brother and I were on a lease in southern Texas, south of Sheffield off of 349. This place was 7000 thousand acres with deep draws ( canyons). One of the ways to get the deer moving out of the draws was to rock them. We would use large slings, like David and Goliath type or we would have one walk the draw and the other up on the rim at the header. This time my brother and I were both at the bottom of one of the longer draws when we saw three vehicles of the other hunters on the lease. We tried getting their attention that we down there but with wind we weren't audible. We figured they were going to rock the head of the draw but instead they pulled out pistols and started shooing into the draw we were in there was seven shooting. We got down as flat as we could as they unloaded. Several of the rounds came close to us but not striking us. Later back at camp we brought this issue up and that was the last time we hunted with this group. Very scary when you're hunting with full blown idiots.

In 83 my brother and I were on a lease in southern Texas, south of Sheffield off of 349. This place was 7000 thousand acres with deep draws ( canyons).
When I drive out to Big Bend I usually take 290 off IH10, stop at the rest area above the ruins of Ft. Lancaster, then head in to Sheffield, turn south on 349, and either turn on 2400 and head to 285 then south to Sanderson, or go down to Dreyden on 349. I haven't taken the time to see where 411 ends up. It dead ends and I never have had the time to make the round trip. One day I want to take 304 off of 290. It follows the Pecos back to 290. I've never hunted out there. It's big country. By now the ranch has probably changed names.

Reading another post on here reminded me of this one.
1972 Minnesota deer season. My friends brother is just back from Vietnam. We met mid day for a sandwich, sitting on a fallen tree. My friend on one side of his brother,I'm on the other side. All of a sudden,his brother swings both arms out,knocking us both backwards off the tree we were sitting on, jumps over the tree himself and shouts " keep your fu**!ng heads down!" And it wasn't even out of his mouth and the bullets start hitting the tree we are now behind. I'm flat on my belly and feel a bullet push up dirt under my hand.

Then my friends brother is up and headed across the field in front of us and we are hot on his tail. We managed to keep his brother from beating the tar off the group of hunters on the other side. Turns out, his brother saw a fox break out from a deer drive,and saw the hunters raising their rifles to shoot,knocked us over the tree,knowing we were in their line of fire. To this day l'm sure he saved all our lives.

Over a half century ago prior to military service, I went squirrel hunting bringing along our dog Mac. I may have been about 13 or 14 years old. We were about a mile or so from home and deep in the woods. Walking down a steep hill my dog stopped and started sniffing with his nose high in the air. He started whinning and then stuck his tail between his legs and hauled *** back towards the house. Needless to say I was close behind him running from whatever he was running from. Never knew this dog to be afraid of anything. Was so relieved to make it back to the main road.
Id have followed the dog too 👍

I am convinced that Foxes and owls are responsible for a great deal of superstition about "what's out there"…

The most gawdawful bloodcurdling hair raising sounds on earth. I could have swore to God I was listening to a woman being skinned alive and it was just a stupid fox! It's a sickening noise they can make.
And Bobcats! Holy hell they make demon noises...

I've often wondered……can you be charged/fined, ect. for shooting/killing something, that "science" says doesn't exist? Asking for a friend! memtb

In Oregon and Washington it is illegal to kill bigfoot as they have protected them as a species. I am relieved our states legislative bodies have made the time to focus on this issue since all other problems in Oregon and Washington have been resolved.....

In Oregon and Washington it is illegal to kill bigfoot as they have protected them as a species. I am relieved our states legislative bodies have made the time to focus on this issue since all other problems in Oregon and Washington have been resolved.....
I'd like with a laugh face thing but it's not funny. What scares me is that the looniest people on the left coast (not all left coasters a loony btw) have f... messed up their state so bad they are running away to other states like WA and OR... and TX :/ I can spot a "citizen immigrant" to TX easily. Just look for a line of cars in the left lane of IH10. The lead car with it's entitled driver "ain't from around here". Sadly, pit maneuvers or the use or installation of a minigun isn't allowed. Not that I would ever consider such a thing... well... maybe the pit maneuver...

Recent Posts