Welcome to the people’s republic of Oregon

tmmcampbell

Oregon has a new bill that will mandate trigger locks, limit magazines to 5 rounds, limit ammo purchases to 20 rounds, mandate a permit to purchase any firearm, with a 15 day waiting period, and require background checks to buy ammo. With the Dems having a super majority it doesn't even need one republican vote to pass. https://olis.leg.state.or.us/liz/2019R1/Downloads/MeasureDocument/SB501

Of course it is a crime to violate any provisions of this law.

The bill is sponsored at the request of "Students for Change". A state bill sponsored by a national organization to effect law on people of a state they do not reside in.

What the dems in Oregon often overlook, they occupy only a few counties, it's all low ground they might just become food for sea lions if they keep it up.
What really sucks is Oregon's consistently low turn out at the polls of registered republicans.
Yea, it's true. We can EVEN VOTE BY MAIL! So how dang lazy can you be!

I bumped the send key too soon. Republicans typically show up more reliably then the democrates. 2018 was an exception. If I recall, **** near 80% of registered republicans cast their ballots. A greater % of dems voted. My sense, given conversations I've had, is there are significant numbers of conservative, like minded people who aren't registered. I wonder if those, if voting, would make a difference.
Or we just draw a line down I-5; wiggle it to include all of Portland and Salem, down just past Eugene and then over to the coast. Let them form their own state, most of them don't like leaving Portland anyway, I know, people have been talking about a new Oregon for at least 50 years.

If it were so easy.....put boundaries on all Willamette Valley residents and not allow them out of the valley....from Eugene to Portland....fence them in...
There isn't enough people outside that zone to swing a vote for the good....
Like I have said in the past....in state voting should be counted by county only...not population...then everyone voting outside the Willamette Valley would count....

The people of (what's left of) Oregon ought to send all the voters that want the restrictions to the sanctuary states that surround Oregon....oregon whould be the pathway to the pacific without idiots....but then they voted iin
Ol' Browneye again.....well..the Willamette Valley did......

You ever notice there are no laws to restrict beer to a two pack, hard liquor to one shot bottles, you don't need a license to prove you have never driven drunk and no database that tracts how many drinks someone has purchased in a 24 hour period. Guess killing people by running them over with a car when your drunk is acceptable, and getting drunk isn't even a Constitutional Right.

Warning! This thread is more than 6 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.