Welcome to 2020

I have been interested in the 147ELDM as a hunting bullet. Obviously it dropped this bull in his tracks. Where was your shot placement? How far was your shot?What kind of penetration did you get with this bullet? My 6.5 PRC shoots this bullet amazingly well but I figured I would only shoot deer sized game and smaller with the 147. What do you think after seeing the performance on an elk ? Thanks for the info! Congrats! Much better bull than my first elk (spike)!

Not much for elk hunting, prefer antelope/deer. Easier to carry out! Killed a cow a few years ago when her front feet hit the two track😎 had two other guys along to load her into truck.
Missed wind call and hit him in the neck at 262 yards and an antelope at the same yardage. Big WOP with both hits and they both went straight down dead!
Got three more tags to fill but so far the 147eld has worked great with massive expansion in the 6.5x55 but have been told it may not be tuff enough for the twist and velocity of the PRC.
Big thanks to my rescue crew, that wagon worked great! About all I did was help steady load, Tyson did all the pullin.

Last edited:
Now I have to quit procrastinating and start cutting him up
CFAB704E-504B-4D2D-B245-A6425E48B38E.jpeg

Congrats on a great looking bull.. kinda makes a guy think about putting the old 300 bee away for elk season and use new and shinny 6.5 prc

LOL. I just about had the 6.5 Grendel with me, I love that little CZ527 but that would be pushing it too far.........even for me

Warning! This thread is more than 4 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.