Weighing BH209

Seems like 105 of measured bh209, weighs about 80 grains, depending on the lot.

I use the regular measure, make about 5 loads in speed loaders , then weigh them and take an average weight.

I then use my elec thrower/scale and throw the Ave charge weight.

Seems to make my prohunter pretty consistent, accuracy wise. Get around an inch, sometimes a smidge better

It's pretty wild the difference between the volume method and actually weighing them. Volume is really a terrible way to go for consistency. Glad you're looking to start weighing them! I use chargemaster too, dump them down charge tubes to use at the range or field that are marked by volume. I'd say they're all very different on volume. Think it depends how they've settled. I've had to remeasure a few casue I though it was off, but it wasn't.

IIRC Alliant claims that 100gr by volume is 77.7 gr by weight --- it used to be listed on their website , not sure if it is anymore though

RCBS digital scale probably 20yrs old and a RCBS balance beam scale easily 40 years old. Both work perfectly. Never could be convinced BP must be measured not weighed.

IIRC Alliant claims that 100gr by volume is 77.7 gr by weight --- it used to be listed on their website , not sure if it is anymore though
Check it yourself with several measure/weights and write down your average. Internet I seldom trust, and lawyer safe info is a good starting point.

BH209 is easy to weigh on any standard powder scale. I weigh up 20 loads, stored in screw top plastic tube for range and hunting. Having weighed charge takes away a serious variable. Next is consistent ramrod pressure to seat sabot. Guess why wouldn't you eliminate a accuracy variable? I reweigh tubes and still spot on weight weeks later so good storage critical as well.