Website payment poll

Would it matter to you if a firearms accessory company had a PayPal shopping cart?

• Yes, I would not buy their product.

Votes: 14 30.4%
  • No, I would still buy their product.

Votes: 10 21.7%
  • I don't care what kind of cart they have as long as their product is good.

Votes: 22 47.8%

• Total voters
Looks like the poll is showing no one really cares.
They're voting with their wallets and out of "convenience" instead of their ideology. Then they'll cry when...... Well, like they're crying now over the ammo, component, and firearm shortages. In my view, if you're
going to claim to be "Pro-Second Amendment", you need to pay attention. Those who are "anti" are.

About 1/3 of our sales in the LRH Store are through PayPal by choice of the customer.

I know they won't knowingly allow firearms sales but we don't use PP for that.

...and neither do I. Len knows full well and so doi I that Pay-Pal has the best encryption and security of any pay online service. I use them exclusively for my website....it's not firearm related.

I prefer personal checks because I don't incur portal fees but I do a lot of offsahore transactions so Pay-Pal is the vehicle of choice.

So my answer is no issue.

They're voting with their wallets and out of "convenience" instead of their ideology. Then they'll cry when...... Well, like they're crying now over the ammo, component, and firearm shortages. In my view, if you're
going to claim to be "Pro-Second Amendment", you need to pay attention. Those who are "anti" are.

As you full well know, I'm extremely pro any amendment, I'm pro Constitution, Bill of Rights and NRA.

However, when it comes to a conveinent payment vehicle for my website, one without the inherent risks of hacking, Pay-Pal is the best choice so I use it and have for years.

You don't cut your nose off just because the company you deal with has different political views than you do. Pay-Pal has no idea what my political views are and could care less.

I've been paying for "stuff" from them for several years. I think my last 3 "stuffs" were bought through paypal. Even before I learned that they didn't like certain "stuff", I never labeled the purchases as "stuff", and therefore never had to worry about them knowing that I was buying "stuff". They don`t need to know what it is.

Last edited:
I've been paying for "stuff" from them for several years. I think my last 3 "stuffs" were bought through paypal. Even before I learned that they didn't like certain "stuff", I never labeled the purchases as "stuff", and therefore never had to worry about them knowing that I was buying "stuff". They don`t need to know what it is.
I sold some stuff to another member on this forum and told him to pay as a gift. He did but in the notes area he listed the stuff(t3)etc. about 4 weeks went by and I get a notification from pay pal my act. was frozen and I was to contact them immediatly I was told in no uncertain terms they do not deal in"stuff" in any way shape or form eventually after several phone calls and such and they verified my stuff went ffl to ffl they reinstated my account which I immediatly closed I called the buyer he heard nothing from them, but after he found out their policy he closed his account also. All I can say is screw PP I will wait on a postal money order from now on. Yes they are Anti Gun they made that really, really clear. If they catch you selling your stuff they can make your life hell, legally. Read all of their regulations especially the fine print.

You rant, I rant.....

Everyone should read the fine print on everything, including the users agreement on this site, which I would say, maybe 5% of the posters on here have read.....

Gotta tell you, I don't play that 'gift' crap either. Pay-Pal is in business to make money, it's a for profit business, not a charity. You want charity, call Obama.

Bona-fide honest people have no issue with Pay-Pal, at least none that I know of.

I've dome thousands of transactions on Pay-Pal over the years but I abide by their regulations and I never try to defraud them, which is exactly what declaring any item as a gift is to avoid paying the users fee. Thats fraud. Thats dishonest and deceitful and speals volumes of your principles.

My last three purchases were actually not at all gun related, water meth parts. I was just simply stating that they don't need to know, or have to know why the money is being moved. There is a reason that people say discrete paypal.

You rant, I rant.....

Everyone should read the fine print on everything, including the users agreement on this site, which I would say, maybe 5% of the posters on here have read.....

Gotta tell you, I don't play that 'gift' crap either. Pay-Pal is in business to make money, it's a for profit business, not a charity. You want charity, call Obama.

Bona-fide honest people have no issue with Pay-Pal, at least none that I know of.

I've dome thousands of transactions on Pay-Pal over the years but I abide by their regulations and I never try to defraud them, which is exactly what declaring any item as a gift is to avoid paying the users fee. Thats fraud. Thats dishonest and deceitful and speals volumes of your principles.

Here we go. It was only a matter of time. gun) Won't be long before this Thread is locked down...

Unless stupid shows their intellect, it won't get locked down. I sent Len a copy as soon as I posted it. Nothing I said was more than fact. I read nothing into it nor did I fabricate anything. Just stated the the facts surrounding the result. Thats all.

I am going to move this thread to the Politics forum.

I also just sprinkled pixie dust on it in the hope that everyone will cool down.

I had a pay pal account at one time. I didn't like the time lag between the time I used it and the time that they actually charged my card. Just didn't get a warm fuzzy feeling using pay pal. Further, I had one heck of a time closing my pay pal account. I had to jump through so many hoops it wasn't funny. They made me go through a multitude of different pages just to cancel my account. It had nothing to do with their political views, I just didn't like the way they do business.

Warning! This thread is more than 12 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.

Recent Posts