Weaver rifles?

Thoughts/reviews on Kevin Weaver rifles smith services in Peyton, CO?
Kevin has built two semi customs for me.I think his work is top notch. He's very organized and quality work is a priority. My two rifles where done and shipped in under 6 months. His wife is a lot of help to him and communication is really good. Both my rifles shoot sub 1/2 MOA. He provides targets he's shot with his finished rifle and the reloading specs. I'm looking forward to another build with Kevin in the future.

Well-- without turning this into a rule 7 violation I will say, I took 2 rifles to him for some simple work, had a problem with them when I got them back, he offered to fix them for me and when I got them back the 2nd time there were more problems.
Others may have had good luck with them but I wont be going back for anything else.

That's too bad. My experience with Mr Weaver and his wife was very positive. Seemed to be nice people and felt the service and product was top shelf. Hope you get things straightened out. Good luck and have a great day.

Yes, personally seems to be very nice but I ended up with new issues I never had before I took my rifles to him- after 2x I'll be unfortunately taking them elsewhere to pay more $ to get those new problems fixed.

I certainly understand. Nothing grips me more than having to pay twice to get the issues addressed. Or address one I issue and create another problem. Grrrrrrrrrrrr

I have two CZ 527 Varmint model 17 Hornets. Though they always seem to shoot well, the factory chambers are always a little on the long and fat side. I wanted to experiment with one of them and knew Kevin Weaver had a 17 Hornady Hornet reamer so I talked to him about cutting the chamber off and setting the barrel back then rechamber it with his 17 HH reamer. It was in the spring and rat season was upon us so a quick turn around time was important. Kevin told me he could have it back to me in about three weeks, and it was. The work he did for me was a pretty simple easy job but everything went quick and smooth.

Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.