Help with Weaver rings and base torques

Sako28

I got a Win M88 in .284 from my dad, it's post 64 and no box so I'm going to use it. I bought a Weaver 53 one piece base and 1" Weaver Grand Slam rings. What should these be torqued to? Thank you.

Its all posted on weavers web site, I don't know how to post a link or I would.I have found always check with the manufactures web site , they usually have good info.

Its all posted on weavers web site, I don't know how to post a link or I would.I have found always check with the manufactures web site , they usually have good info.
Thanks looks like only 15 lbs all around.

Usually new base screws (torx head) are tightened to 30 in-lbs. Same for ring base screws. Ring cap screws get 18 in-lbs. Old slotted screws might not take that much.

If i jusf give you the answer you have learned nothing, so lets learn.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-52-53.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-52-53.png
    32.3 KB · Views: 139
  • Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-52-40.png
    Screenshot_2021-08-18-10-52-40.png
    42.2 KB · Views: 135
With this example from Weaver do you have aluminum or steel parts ? When in doubt get a magnet and check.Will wait for your reply.

With this example from Weaver do you have aluminum or steel parts ? When in doubt get a magnet and check.Will wait for your reply.
Aluminum base and steel rings. Old style slotted screws, not torx....

One thing i would suggest is to use a witness mark on your scope and ring screws that way if any thing moves you will know.A sharpie or majic marker work well.

Torque specs are based on the size and thread, not the head of the screw.Most any quality torque device can accommodate a screw driver type tip. Im not trying to be difficult just trying to help.