Help with Weaver rings and base torques

Aluminum base and steel rings. Old style slotted screws, not torx....

If it were my setup I'd try to replace the slotted screws with either Allen screws, or more preferably with torx head screws. Good luck with your dad's rifle, always nice to see a gun handed down from one generation to the other.👍👍

If it were my setup I'd try to replace the slotted screws with either Allen screws, or more preferably with torx head screws. Good luck with your dad's rifle, always nice to see a gun handed down from one generation to the other.👍👍
Thanks alibiiv, I have found it difficult to find the actual screw size to replace them. I have a HK QD mount on a HK 630 that need to have a couple screws replaced, can't find the size. I need to punt and find a good gunsmith.

I got spoiled with Nighforce torx screws on my newer setups....

Torque specs are based on the size and thread, not the head of the screw.Most any quality torque device can accommodate a screw driver type tip. Im not trying to be difficult just trying to help.
No offense taken. It's easier to get on a torx head;)

Thanks alibiiv, I have found it difficult to find the actual screw size to replace them. I have a HK QD mount on a HK 630 that need to have a couple screws replaced, can't find the size. I need to punt and find a good gunsmith.

I got spoiled with Nighforce torx screws on my newer setups....

Not sure about what you have for screw size on your mounts. Brownells ought to be able to have what you are looking for. Here's a thread to some of their screws. www.brownells.com/handgun-parts/grip-parts/grip-screws/1911-torx-head-grip-screws-prod924.aspx Once you get into the sight plug in torx screw and your screw size. Good luck with finding what you are looking for in screws.

Its all posted on weavers web site, I don't know how to post a link or I would.I have found always check with the manufactures web site , they usually have good info.
While on the website, highlight the www. address by right clicking (the address will turn blue) then use the copy command and when posting your reply, use the paste command. You can PM me and I will send you a picture document with the step by step procedure.

Recent Posts