Weaver or Clearridge

Natty Bumpo

Was looking at both the Weaver Tactical and Clearridge Optics 4-20 X 50 scopes (or thereabouts, I can't remember the exact magnification range). Both are 30mm scopes with exposed turrets and mil-dot reticle. Both cost about the same (Clearidge about $669 and Weaver about $694, if memory serves correctly).

Weaver has FFP reticle. Nice, but not a must have.

Not a lot of feedback on the Clearridge scopes on this site, but what I have read has been positive. I know nothing about the Weaver tactical and haven't seen mention of it on this site.

Any opinions?

I'm sure some will bring up the new Vortex Viper PST line. Looks very nice, but in that magnification range, they're close to $900. More than I care to spend.

John at the Optic Zone I think has a 10% discount for LRH members through the end of this month, so I need a decision this week. Tried going to his Optic Zone and Clearridge (Clearidge?) websites this evening, but had no luck. Not sure what's up with that.

Warning! This thread is more than 15 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.