Weaver or Burris?

gohring3006

I'm going to buy a new scope and narrowed it down to the Weaver tactical 3-15 mainly because these Japan made scopes are selling for about half right now. And the Burris XTR 11 3-15. It has the trendy 34mm tube and a very useful reticle.
This scope is going on a Savage LRH 6.5 Creed.
Pros ???
Cons ???

I haven't ever used the Weaver scope, bit I do own and have used several various Burris scopes, including the xtr ii and it's smaller brother the veracity. Both are excellent scopes for the money in my opinion.

Which reticle do you like in the xtr ii? If you don't need the 34mm tube, the veracity has the same glass but is lighter and cheaper.

I haven't ever used the Weaver scope, bit I do own and have used several various Burris scopes, including the xtr ii and it's smaller brother the veracity. Both are excellent scopes for the money in my opinion.

Which reticle do you like in the xtr ii? If you don't need the 34mm tube, the veracity has the same glass but is lighter and cheaper.
I like the SCR Mil.
As far as the 34mm, I like the idea mainly for resale. I'm never happy with scopes and tend to sell them often. One thing I noticed is trends sell. Large 34 and 35mm tubes are all the rage with PRS type reticles, and would sell quicker than older scopes. Mainly because of the features offered on newer scopes.

As for the Weaver, well it's a Japanese LOW scope that is bullet proof. It's a little dated, as far reticles, but is bullet proof and well proven. But the prices are coming way down and I figure it won't sell as fast as it used to.

Last edited:
Thanks everyone, I chose a Burris 4-20. The sale was to good to pass up, and I think the Weavers all always on sale. So I'll pick one of them up later.

Good choice! I have one and must I say it as excellent resolution and the adjustment knobs make it easier to identify targets.

Last edited:
The Burris is a nice choice.
Hi guys, I'm looking to take the plunge into a Burris Veracity. My current hunting scope is a leupold VXR. How do you like you Burris for the last 10 minutes of the day? I've had glare issues from stray light with other scopes as the sun goes down.

Thanks!

Warning! This thread is more than 7 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.