Weatherby BackCountry midnight

nzlhead

Weatherby BackCountry midnight- should be called nightmare- I just picked up my 243 rifle today- what a disappointment- stock is Very Rough and has been patched by a third grader- I must admit I was really excited and now just really dissatisfied- I should of saved my money and bought a Nula instead!

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    739.9 KB · Views: 734
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    887.3 KB · Views: 688
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    751.6 KB · Views: 666
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    993.2 KB · Views: 673
I would call them.
I have purchased stocks from their "scratch and dent" pile at the factory that look better than this one.
I will- I know they should be better - this was a mark v and not a vanguard- I probably would not complain if it was 1500 dollars cheaper- but for 1800 I was expecting something of quality- the stock is just plain rough! Not finished and patched- it does not have the weatherby style stock on it either- makes me wonder if they bought som Legendary arms stocks when they went out of production !

Haven't heard of the midnight version but if it's only 1800 it's not likely a Frontline model, since they were 2300-2500. Minor imperfections not worthy of complaining about.

I have an early model Backcountry 6.5 RPM that had a firing pin issue.
After hounding them some I sent it back and they fixed it.
Now its fine, but I will say this the action is not a smooth as I would expect from a $2500 rifle!

I'm a little disappointed with Weatherby. I own three Vanguards (Howa) that have a great "guarantee" of holding <1 degree of accuracy at 100 yards. Granted my 240 WM and 223 Win do that every day, but the 243 Win averages about 1-1/2 inches at that distance. After trying different bullets (make, weight, profile), different powders (weights), and different OAL's, I called Weatherby to see what they would tell me. To make a long story short, their customer service representative only told me that it was my fault, and they wouldn't honor anything. Maybe I shouldn't complain, as two out of three ain't bad. However, the 243 Win rifle is for sale.