Weatherby '07

Ian M

Weatherby \'07

Just back from a great event at the Flying B ranch near Kamiah ID. Weatherby hosted a few guys to a show and tell about their '07 product line. Big news was the Mark22, barreled bolt-action made in Germany by a superb company whose rifles have won many Olympic medals (Anshutz) and stocked in California with a scaled down Weatherby trademark design stock. It is SWEET and handles like a dream. Yup, another toy for the Liberty toy chest. Now to decide which scope would be appropriate...

We shot a bunch of upland birds with Weatherby shotguns, did some interesting shooting with a variety of rifles and even hunted cull-does. The ranch setting is fantastic - five star all the way.

Idaho is God's Country. We were blessed with perfect weather, incredible hunting dogs, bazzilions of birds, great guides. Very tuff job but someone has to do it, right!

I shot some interesting bird hunting photos with my Nikon, some nasty images of birds taking on a load of shot.

Long day, flew to Seattle, then Edmonton, then home today - not exactly the direct route.

Re: Weatherby \'07

Sounds like a great trip but tiring return home. What caliber is the Mark 22 and what other calibers is it available in?

Festus

Available in .22 LR and .17 HMR. Sweet rifle, a scaled down Weatherby stock in fantastic wood. Five shot clip, ten shot coming. Superbly accurate. Price will be at upper end of scale, but worth every penny if you like quality and accuracy. Believe the action is the Model 64.

"Superbly accurate. Price will be at upper end of scale, but worth every penny if you like quality and accuracy"
Do you mind if I quote you on that? I have been trying to say this about Weatherby for years.

MSRP on the Weatherby Mark XXII .22LR is $899, the .17HMR is $949. The 22LR comes with a 5 shot magazine and the 17HMR is a 4 shot. The optional 10 shot magazine is only available for the 22LR. I,m thinking if you buy from a jobber you could knock 20%-35% off of that. They are set for release in December 2006.

You do have to admit, Weatherby sells some mighty fine stuff. My Mark XXII in 17HMR is getting a Leupold VX-III in 4.5-14 with an AO.

The Weatherby doubles are a work of art in every way.

Sounds like you had fun and they had some great products setup to show off. I hate that particular hunting Ranch since it's right next to my personal one and they seem to think it's OK to take their clients over the fence property line and shoot deer off it. My neighbor up there kicks them off when he can since I'm way too far away.

Warning! This thread is more than 18 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.