weather data in my iphone program

jeff 300

So i have been using my i phone with ballistic advanced edition here latelly and have a new kestrel 4000 that gives me DA reading that every one suggested to get because of the DA reading. but there is no where to enter the DA in the progam that i see. so i guess my ???? is with the iphone program how do yall enter the weather data???? same as exbal ?? and if so what good is having the DA reading if i can't use it. maybe a dumb ??? but this weather stuff has alway kicked my but.

I have found with the knight armament program. Temperature, humidity, and barometric pressure is enough. Input absolute pressure and the other two. It will give an accurate firing solution. You may have to play with muzzle velocity to get it dead on. Density altitude seems to be a quick reference to the above three factors. I use another app to compute the DA. Then I use the DA in my log book to compare drops with the conditions. My contribution for what it's worth.

Go into iPhone settings. There is a Ballistic icon. Open that. Go to Units of Measurement, Atmosphere, Instrumentation. That's where you set DA.

Go into iPhone settings. There is a Ballistic icon. Open that. Go to Units of Measurement, Atmosphere, Instrumentation. That's where you set DA.

thanks i found it.
Now that i have the option witch way would most of you use DA, temp or the other way pressure, temp, humodity

thanks i found it.
Now that i have the option witch way would most of you use DA, temp or the other way pressure, temp, humodity

I use DA & Temp. There is a setting in ballistic that reads, "Mach or Temp". The program will know which one you are using based on the size of the number. In my Kestrel 4000, I have a custom screen set up with DA, Temp and something else (I don't remember what). That way I don't have to scroll through screens to get the info I am looking for.

Bill, Jeff
When you use the DA on your kestrel, does it fluctuate or is it stabile. My 4500 seems to fluctuate some and, I didn't know how precise the figure leaded to be. Thanks

Definitely fluctuates. Not sure how sensitive it is. Do a test. Input 1 DA. Note the drop figures then change DA and see how much the drop changes.

Mine fluctuates I was playing with it tonight and it was fluctuating not sure how much it going to take to change POI. I'm going to mess with it and keep the data in my log book.

Warning! This thread is more than 11 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.