Wanting to reload bullets,first time joining a community.

Looking for a box of unfired 30/06 lapua brass and also looking for a good set of 6.5/06 dies or perhaps a good set of 30/06 dies long as it's FL bushing. Thanks in advance.
Been interested in reloading for decades,finally making time. No thanx to covid 19 pandemic. My father bought a rock chucker,he says in the 1980s, it was used and came with dies,powder and primers. SHOULD I trust primers and Imr 4813,h4813 that's been stored well for 40+years. Living in lancaster/dauphin area in Pa ,we get dry and humid weather. I'm going to reload 30 30 win. For a marlin and savage 340(mostly use marlin)I haven't found a charge for 30 30 with this powder,so I proble won't be using the powder any time soon because i don't have a 300 win. Mag. Or .308 .or 270. Yet

Every time I Google reloading ,shooting ,hunting it brings me here.

Pour a little of the powder out into a small plastic dish. if you notice orange dust or see an orange or brownish dust on the dish get rid of the powder. Sprinkling it on your lawn is one good way.

Been interested in reloading for decades,finally making time. No thanx to covid 19 pandemic. My father bought a rock chucker,he says in the 1980s, it was used and came with dies,powder and primers. SHOULD I trust primers and Imr 4813,h4813 that's been stored well for 40+years. Living in lancaster/dauphin area in Pa ,we get dry and humid weather. I'm going to reload 30 30 win. For a marlin and savage 340(mostly use marlin)I haven't found a charge for 30 30 with this powder,so I proble won't be using the powder any time soon because i don't have a 300 win. Mag. Or .308 .or 270. Yet

Every time I Google reloading ,shooting ,hunting it brings me here.
Use new powder and primers to start. Then after you get the hang of it, you can try some of your fathers stored components. That way, at startup of your reloading , if something doesn't fire or work properly, you will know the new components were good.

Last edited:
Warning! This thread is more than 5 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.