• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

SOLD/EXPIRED Wanted: Federal Match Large Rifle Magnum Primers

Yes, the rules are really tough to understand. You will get a different answer from different UPS people but the safe interpretation is that you need to be certified / authorized to ship Hazmat. Some will say this means simply signing a form, others that you need to take an actual class. There are lots of threads regarding this question on-line.

My hope is that someone has some and is certified / able to ship or, that they can take them to their local gun shop who will ship them. I would obviously cover whatever that costs.

I too gave up after 1.5 years and also switched to Winchester.

Maybe I'm lucky but I've never run out of 215's (I do buy them when I see 'em though).... Now mind you I don't bother with the M variety... I have enough for a while (2,900 215's and 2K 210's) but have gotten into 4 bricks of wlrm primers for the cartridges I don't care quite as much about... I try to stay away from cci as they are rather sooty and rem because I don't like how they seat at times, but I have been using some of the cci and rem in my shorter range rifles and my AR...
As to sending Hazmat, any hazmat certed. CDL trucker ought to be able to help you from what I've heard, but that too may be up to the winds of opinion...

Get some win primers and don't look back if 215 are tough to find in your area... rem are usable too if availability is really bad. The bullet and bore liking each other is 90%+ of the ballgame. The other things... powder, primer, bedding, etc. have more ability to make things go wrong than right... Get the little things right and magic happens when the bullet and bore like each other.

I do not know if you have found the primers yet. Im up here in AK and have found about 10,000 by posting wanted ads on Facebook local hunting and gun groups. 20-25 bucks per thousand. Hope that helps

If you want a good laugh (or cry) look at what 215M primers are selling for on Gunbroker.com!