• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

Want to purchase 6.5/.264 Speer 140gr Gold Dot bullets.

I see that Speer have the 140 hot cor available. Any idea what the difference between it and the gold dot? From their description they sound much the same.
Sorry I don't have any bullets for you.

The standard hot core line are very, very tough bullets compared to their boat tail spt.
Yes sir. The description of the gold dot sounds like they make them the same way as the hot cor. I always thought the gold dot was a pistol bullet but apparently they do make them for rifle.
Yes that hot cor is definitely tougher than standard C&C bullets!

I really like the Berger 135gr Classic Hunter 6.5 bullets. They are accurate and wicked on game. I tried the Speer 140 Gold Dot in several of my custom 6.5's and I was more than impressed. I have yet to have a Mule deer catch one out to 460 yards.

The first load I ever tried with the Speer 140 GD. I was zeroed for the Berger 140gr Hybrid target. The barrel was completely clean.

The first group at 100 yards was slightly high and left, it went .302 for three. I made a scope adjustment and fired the second 3 shot group, right on the money. The second group went .024 !!!

Attachments

• IMG_1494.png
    IMG_1494.png
    411.5 KB · Views: 26
  • IMG_5866.jpeg
    IMG_5866.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 21
FWIW... I zipped some 140 Hot Cor @2900 + out of my 6.5/284 from 50 up to 360 yards on game.
Found one hanging out the skin @ 175 yards that was shot quartering away and travelled about 24" and through the scapula on the way out.
So...If you can't find the GD's, just as others have said, the Hot Cor will get your game.

Recent Posts