• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WANT TO BUY BEWARE

deaner 20

Just a heads up to all who have want to buy in here there are scammers hitting people up saying there cousin has one and giving you a email once you email they will send you a nice pic of what you have listed you are wanting then they tell you they only take Venmo zell or PayPal friends they have been trolling here 24hr campfire and va gun trader As new members I'm sure Everyone can figure them out but just wanted to give a heads up to all

I've noticed that that is a pervasive tactic across a lot of forums. . .Although not 100%, a person can search the pictures via Google, and it'll let you know if that pic has been posted elsewhere. Also, I google their phone number if they give it out. I actually caught a dude scamming on another forum, because he was using different names with the same number and offering on multiple WTB ads. Always cool to give people a heads-up, thanks!

One other note on scamming.. I've learned that many people feel a cashier's check is a safe bet because the bank offered it. This is true to a degree - but you have to verify the cashier's check is ACTUALLY from the bank. People can print their own that look awfully convincing. Don't assume if someone offers to send a cashier's check you will be in the clear. I've seen this on many online classifieds also. Personally I don't accept them, but I guess you could call the bank on the check and confirm funds.

One other note on scamming.. I've learned that many people feel a cashier's check is a safe bet because the bank offered it. This is true to a degree - but you have to verify the cashier's check is ACTUALLY from the bank. People can print their own that look awfully convincing. Don't assume if someone offers to send a cashier's check you will be in the clear. I've seen this on many online classifieds also. Personally I don't accept them, but I guess you could call the bank on the check and confirm funds.

A postal money order seems safer.

did enjoy messing with them for about 10-12 post tho asking them dumb questions ,like is your savage 12 ga a 3006 or 270 .iis it a reload ammo only gun does it have aq brake on the stock.
You remind me of a friend of mine who., when quarantined, suggested calling random numbers in India and telling them their car warranty was expired, or they had a virus on their Windows com-poot-er.

I used to keep the phone number of the Secret Service handy and any time a Nigerian prince would call or email, I woul tell them I was very interested but to call me at that number tomorrow. The calls stopped.