• You must be a Supporting Member to create a listing in the Long Range Hunting Marketplace. To read all the rules, click here.

We offer multiple options to become a Supporting Member here.

WANT TO BUY BEWARE

A postal money order seems safer.
Is it? I accepted one from a guy who didn't do PayPal thinking what a pain but I guess if it's all he can do I'll take the MO. Anyways, got the MO, called the USPS verification system to make sure it was real, the response was something to the effect of "this does appear to be real but we still do not guarantee it is". I was like really? What's the point of a verification system that doesn't verify it's real? So, IMO, digital payment is best for remote stuff. I guess technically even cash isn't full proof because someone can print it too, but I don't know anybody that worries about that so maybe USPS MO is similar where there's a very tiny chance it's counterfeit.

Thanks. I haven't encountered any scammers on this site, but had a couple on another forum saying "Joe in ABC location has one, email him at XYZ.com"

Very much appreciated!! Everyone benefits from information sharing.

I have a Cooper advertised on a number of sites and have had 2 scammers. They asked foolish questions about the rifle plus the emails to contact them at seemed funny.

Is it? I accepted one from a guy who didn't do PayPal thinking what a pain but I guess if it's all he can do I'll take the MO. Anyways, got the MO, called the USPS verification system to make sure it was real, the response was something to the effect of "this does appear to be real but we still do not guarantee it is". I was like really? What's the point of a verification system that doesn't verify it's real? So, IMO, digital payment is best for remote stuff. I guess technically even cash isn't full proof because someone can print it too, but I don't know anybody that worries about that so maybe USPS MO is similar where there's a very tiny chance it's counterfeit.

Ask for a pic of the MO that they plan to send and you can verify it at your local PO.

Cash ain't safe either. Once it's in my house my wife and daughter can smell it and then find it. Seriously though I've had very good luck buying and selling on here. But the scammer smucks are everywhere you look now. If they put that same energy into a real job they would be farther ahead.
Shep

My bank supervisor says it's a gamble no matter which way you go...."as a buyer"...his advice was to send a personal check....
"As a sellor"....accept a personal with knowledge that monies need to be verified and received before sending item....
Money orders as well as others options are just as easy to scam...

Just fwiw, there's a lengthy thread on Rokslide about a 'company' called Optics and Ammo, LLC. which also is bad news. So it's not just limited to individual scammers.