Want a good hunting pack?

goodgrouper

I have recently purchased something I should have bought years ago. I have been in the market for a good hunting pack for my shooting gear, and was looking for a seperate high quality frame pack also when I stumbled upon a company called Eberlestock. They make a combo frame/hunting pack that is awesome! It is called the, "just one pack" or j104-5. It can be viewed at www.eberlestock.com under the backpack section.

THis pack has it all:
Internal frame

A waterproof lined meat sack

two pockets on each side for a large spotting scope
two long pockets for tripods

built in camelback pouch that is insulated and waterproof
horizontal and vertical outside straps for tents, bags, or foam mats

two top pockets for rangefinders/binos

Key holder

a way to attach a seperate accessory large freight pack

tightening straps throughout similiar to ones found on pack frames

padded waist band

water resistant camo material with waterproof stitching

straw clip for camelback

optional attachment for a blaze orange rain guard/poncho

Oh, and the coolest thing about it-a built in gun scabbard that totally protects the rifle from muzzle to butt pad!

THis is one serious pack for the guy who likes to pack his whole camp into the wilderness in one trip.

Uncle b and I each bought one for his wilderness Nevada mule deer hunt a few weeks ago and I don't know how we would have done it without them. We hiked 36.4 miles in five days with our packs weighing in at 58 pounds the first day to around 40 the last day. We had elevation gains and losses daily of 7500 feet. These packs held up the entire time and made the death march bearable. I had sore feet but not sore shoulders or a sore back!
I even managed to fall in a river while crossing it in the dark and I landed right on the side of my pack carrying my Swaro 20-60x80 scope and it stayed dry and in one piece! My extra set of clothes inside also stayed dry. I wish I could say the same for the clothes I had on. /ubbthreads/images/graemlins/crazy.gif

THe packs are guaranteed for life and they have a great customer service department.

On a scale of 1-10 I would give them an eleven! CHeck 'em out.

Thanks for the review.
I saw this pack featured on The Best of the West and went to the Sportmans Warehouse to check it out. It truly is a great looking pack and will be an addition to my equipment soon.
Wayne aka WAMBO

Yes excellent pack, I have one also.
It has been used to pack out four elk so far. Between my hunting buddy and I we have never had to make two trips. The max weight I have had in it was 150lbs for 3 miles. And I never have less than 40lbs in it on a regular basis. It rides very well.

Warning! This thread is more than 14 years ago old.
It's likely that no further discussion is required, in which case we recommend starting a new thread. If however you feel your response is required you can still do so.